1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

tricolor herons 120-300 2.8 & 2X

Discussion in 'Birds' started by kevin pyle, Jul 16, 2008.

1. just a few of the tricolors from last weekend down at Jefferson Island,
    D3 and the 120-300 2.8 with a 2x, handheld. this is a great affordable combo if you need the reach. thanks for viewing.
    Kevin P.
    original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2008
  2. Beautiful images. Love the reflection in No. 1.

3. Great series, love the soft hues in that last shot. Nicely done.

4. Holmes

Holmes

Oct 28, 2006
    Wyoming, USA
    Nice captures, first one is my pick, too. Good show!

5. Maji,Warren,Holmes,
    Thanks for stopping by and the kind words. just out of curiousity, can you look at the first picture and actually tell that this was not taken with the Nikon lens? I personally cannot tell but always willing to learn something new if there is something to be pointed out. I've had this lens now for about 2 months, I rate it a 9.5 out of 10. I've only shot it with the 2x. I really want the Sigma 500 f4.5 but I don't think I could ever get rid of this lens. Thanks again for viewing.
    Kevin P.

6. WOW, Kevin I can't pick a favorite! Both are beautiful! Keep em comin!

7. kiwi

kiwi

Jan 1, 2008
    Auckland, NZ
    Stellar stuff Kevin. Are you using the Sigma 2x with the 120-300, I would always have thought that would be a rather soft combo so have only the 1.4TC to date ?

8. Great shots Kevin, I have never seen this bird. I agree that the Sigma 120-300 with or with a TC is a great lens.

9. Darren,
    I've only shot a portrait of granddaughter without the 2x on the lens, the 2x stays on full time. Its like a phenomenom to me that I don't see image degradation with the 2x and I don't see a difference in the focusing speed. This must be one of those magical combos that lines up just right. Thanks for viewing and the kind words.
    Kevin P.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.