Trillium

The grandiflora trillium in Green Hill Park, Salem Virginia, were spectacular today.

_D6H2511-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

_D6H2498-XL.jpg

_D6H2502-XL.jpg

#4 This is a very unusual double blossom:

_D6H2475_PS_TPZ-XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Real Name
Mike
Wonderful Jim! Very nicely exposed too! First time I've seen a double. Ours are just starting to pop.

Beautiful especially the double today was our first day in the 70's we should start seeing these soon

Thanks, Tony. I've never seen a double like that. It must be some sort of mutation.

Sweet! How fragant are they?

Thanks, Juan They have no aroma that I am aware of.

Wonderful Jim! Very nicely exposed too! First time I've seen a double. Ours are just starting to pop.

Thanks, Mike. These were at lower elevation, so they are earlier than any around here.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Another nice set! I assume you used the 24-120 with these also? The DOF of the last one is very nice...

We are supposed to visit the Smokey Mtn for 5 days next week. That is if the weather looks favorable!

Another nice set! I assume you used the 24-120 with these also? The DOF of the last one is very nice...

We are supposed to visit the Smokey Mtn for 5 days next week. That is if the weather looks favorable!

Thanks, Karen. Yes, I used the 24-120 when I have several good macro lenses I could have carried. But for a hike like this, versatility is the key.

Our good friends and traveling companions are in the Smokies stalking wildflowers at this time.

WOW, Jim.

Those are the state wildflower of Ohio, but the only place I've found them is in a park in Lancaster.:frown:

Thanks, Bob. I'm surprised that you don't find them in the woods around you. They are fairly common in this area, though large, thick, stands of them like that shown in the first picture are quite rare.

Yes, and the Flowers were pretty, too! :tongue:

Thanks, Wile, but :confused:

Beautiful Jim! That "double" is really cool.

Thanks, Chad. The double is quite unusual.

that is an outstanding find, Jim! nicely captured

Thanks, John.

Beautiful shots, Jim! I love the progression of your series.

Thanks, Dossy. It's hard to capture their impact in a wide-angle shot, so I wanted to include some closeups as well.

Real Name
Mike
Wow! That is a spectacular find! I have never seen those red trillium, and to have them mixed with the white ones is incredible. While I would love to go there, I really hope he keeps that spot secret.

Thanks for posting.
I've never seen red trillium either. I've been down in that area but am not all that familiar with it. His secret is safe from me! :tongue:

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom