Trip down the Oregon Coast

Discussion in 'Birds' started by hillrg, May 29, 2005.

1. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shots, Rory! I'm sure you had a great time capturing these.

2. I really like these.....the last shot is my favorite Rory......well done!! :D :D :D

3. Mine too...

Rory

4. Great love the head on shoot of the commorant, the last bird is one I have never saw. Thanks for sharing

5. Rory,

Your gallery from this trip is unreal!! They're all GREAT!!!! :) :) I especially liked the tufted puffin and the sea otter.

At the end of June, I'm going out to Tofino (Chesterman Beach) for 6 days. Really wish I had a decent camera for the trip, but I'll make do with what I have (Coolpix 4500 + 3x tele). Tomorrow I'm going to place an order for a D2X, but the camera is wait listed for 2 or 3 months. If I can find a used Canadian-bought D2H in the mean time I would settle for that. :)

Your shots have given me lots of inspiration - I just wish I had a small portion of your talent!
    Thanks for sharing.

6. That Guillemont is superb, heck all three are great "as usual". Hope you had fun, post more ;-)

7. Hi Keith

I had a great trip. I have another two weeks in October - I'm thinking about New Mexico and Bosque...

8. It is hard to go wrong when shooting Puffins! I am sure you will have a wonderful time in Tofino - and it is amazing what can be done with a Coolpix - the 3x tele is superb - I used to wown one :)

9. Wonderful shots Rory!

I like the Otter the best, I have never seen one in the wild.

I'm down In California I have just finished the Ron Reznick course in Yosemite. I'm starting driving up tomorrow, back home on Thursday night i hope but more likely on Friday...

Btw I have your red Dolly in my garage :)

10. Re: Wonderful shots Rory!

I will have to drop by to get the dolly. How about if we get together to shoot the GBH at Shoal Island next weekend?

11. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Rory, those are exceptional! Glad you had a nice trip.

12. Thanks Leigh - we had an exceptional trip. The weather was good to perfect, the natives kind and the food superlative. Some of the wildlife actually cooperated, which was a real bonus!

13. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Outstanding photography Rory

Your photography is some of the best I've ever had the pleasure to view, and these are no exception. Wonderful work. PS, I love that Puffin too. How'd you get the bg so dark?

14. Re: Wonderful shots Rory!

Would love to but:
    1. I have to ask the Wife first ( i have beeen gone in CA for over 2 weeks now, returning Thursday night)
    2. Do we need a boat for Shoal island? Mine is still dirty
    3. I will deliver the Dolly - it's the least I can do!!!

call me on the cell if you want to discuss!

andreas