Trip to Oceanside

Discussion in 'People' started by bfullmer, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Our family took a recent trip to Oceanside, CA. It was so nice to relax on the beach without any schedule. Here are a few shots of the kids at the beach.

Our boogie boarder (18-55mm)
    [​IMG]

Our youngest, Sam (180mm 2.8 I'm still amazed by this fine old lens)
    [​IMG]

And the obligatory sunset shot (35-70 2.8 I just picked up before the trip)
    [​IMG]

The kids suggested that we make this an annual trip. I guess that means it was a success!

2. My Gosh Brian,.. That sunset pic is lit to Perfection!!!
    What lighting???? please!
    Nothing like time with the family at the Beach !!

3. What a fun sounding vacation and your shots give us a little taste of it. The sunset picture is a perfect ending shot for your trip.

4. Great pics.

Oceanside has some great beaches, nice area.

5. Umm, #3 is perfect.

Thumbs up for your great work on this one! :smile:

6. Thanks for the nice comments Jim. Give Gordon (Greyflash) credit for the lighting. I used his formula of manually metering the B/G 1 stop under and setting the flash on AA.

7. Thanks Gordon. As you can see above, I used your magical formula. Thanks for sharing some of your wisdom.

8. Thanks Phil. We've driven past Oceanside many times, but never stopped there. We'll be stopping frequently from now on.

9. Thanks John. I kinda liked it as well.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    All excellent:>))
    Glad you all had a great time

11. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Great stuff - from the looks of the images I'd say you guys had a blast. #3 is excellent!

12. Brian. I do recall Gordon's Tute. I just went and reread it. Were you pointing the flash directly at them or using a Bounce type card? I love to get a shot of my kids like that.! I use a SB600 btw.
    TIA (Brian & Gordon)

13. Thanks for your kind words Gale.

14. Thanks Fred. We did indeed have a great time. Wish we could've stayed longer.

15. The flash was straight at them. I used my SB-80DX.

16. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Wonderful photos. So glad your trip was fun. Sounds like you have several annual trips in your family!

17. Thanks for your comments Terri. We try to get to the Tetons at least once a year. For the past several years we've gone to Disneyland in the spring, then we try to get away somewhere else during the summer. We'll sometimes go camping just overnight somewhere close to home. It sounds like the beach will be an annual event. I hope :biggrin:

We figure that the kids grow up so fast and are gone before we know it, so we take advantage of any opportunities we can.

I hope you're having a great summer. Ours is sure going fast.