Trip to the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by VoidRaven, Jun 15, 2007.

1. VoidRaven

VoidRaven

Jul 13, 2006
    Lagrange, OH
    Well, after months of not getting out to shoot at all the missus and I decided to enjoy the weather last weekend and head out to the zoo. What a perfect day too as many of the animals were quite active! There were some new babies finally on display as well. Here's a few from the day.

elephantRCD-A.

View attachment 100812

View attachment 100813

I think I like this first crop best out of these next two shots....

View attachment 100814

View attachment 100815

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very good images

3. Nice, Don. I also like the first crop better. This looks like a tricky body parts puzzle!

4. VoidRaven

VoidRaven

Jul 13, 2006
    Lagrange, OH
    Thanks folks. It was nice to get out and shoot again. Been really lazy as of late...as well as bogged down with finishing up my sister's wedding pics. I had told myself no more shooting for me until her pics were done. So perhaps it was good karma that several days after finishing we went and got to see all the new babies at the zoo.

5. Very nice shots! Have to get up to the Cleveland Zoo when I can get a GK to carry my gear!

6. Bigmuddy

Bigmuddy

Feb 28, 2007
    Ohio
    Very nice shots Don, well done. I am about 45 minutes south of the zoo and plan on getting there this year and looking forward to it.

7. VoidRaven

VoidRaven

Jul 13, 2006
    Lagrange, OH
    OHcorgis...Nothing like getting to the zoo right at opening and being able to get some good shots of the animals doing their thing before the heat of the day really kicks in. BTW, love the shots of the GSD's in your other post!

Brian...Definitely get to the zoo soon. They are still fund-raising for the new elephant exhibit but as soon as they reach their goal the elephants will be leaving so their habitat can be remodeled. But once it's done we'll have a beautiful 5 acre habitat that will allow for "migration" and other very cool features. Should be very photogenic...if they can ever get it started!!!

BTW...it's also REALLY strange now that the Fulton Road Bridge is gone. I have a couple shots of the rubble. I'm not used to seeing so much sky in that section of the zoo.