Trip up Mt. Lemmon...

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by manzico, Jun 2, 2005.

1. This past Memorial Day weekend my wife and I went for a drive up the Catalina Highway to the top of Mt. Lemmon. Here are some samplers.

original.

original.

original.

original.

There are more on my Pbase site in the Catalina Highway Gallery:

http://www.pbase.com/manzico/catalina_highway

Please feel free to look around in my galleries. Let me know what you think. I appreciate any comments, good or bad.

thanks,

Dave

2. I like them a lot.

The first one is funny though... Very contrasty and yet, I find it to lack contrast ?!? :shock: Is this possible? I guess it's the distant UV and haze probably?

Nice stuff.

3. I know what you mean...

It's actually an IR shot. So the sky is fairly contrasty, and the foreground is especially contrasty with its shadows, but the tree covered mountains in the background end up lighter than you would expect due to the foliage showing up light shaded due to the IR. In retrospect, I would have taken two shots, one IR, the other visible light, and merged them. It's something I'll have to play with next time I'm up there.

Thanks for the comments.

Dave

4. Wossname

Wossname Guest

That's an awesome IR shot; looks like it's fresh from the Mars Lander.

Cheers

Neil