Triple D Game Farm Utah Location

Discussion in 'Birds' started by davidwcramer, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Just returned after three and a half days shooting wild animals at the Triple D Red Rocks shoot. It was quite a thrill to be within the same enclosure as the wild animals. Jay Diest and his trainers run a first rate program, and take excellent care of their animals. It was great having Dave M (merlin50) there along with several other nikon folks. Overall, the 70-200 was all the lens that was needed. I plan on going back to another one of their locations some day.

The bonus of the trip was lunch with Gordon on the last day!

Rosie, the grizzly cub
    [​IMG]

Cream wolf
    [​IMG]

Bobcat
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mountain Lion
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Cross Fox (part gray, part red)
    [​IMG]

Golden Eagle
    [​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    wow
    What does one say
    Fantastic

3. I love the Wolf, Mountain lion #1 and the Eagle. It just doesn't get much better than that, David. Well done!

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Rosie is a little cutie:>)))
    So was the Kitten you posted the other day

5. These are fantastic David! And to think these were right in my backyard. How did you find out about the shoot? Any details about what they offer?

Thanks,

6. All superb, as usual. I really like the mountain lion shots!

7. tech1961

tech1961

Jan 28, 2007
    Houston Tx.
    All I can say is "INCREDIBLE"

8. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    all are excellent.

I had do to a 'double take' on the second bobcat shot. the way that his body is shadowed, and his face is in the light, makes it look like he is looking out a mouse hole in the wall.

9. those are some great photos. the photo of the bobcat jumping is excellent!

10. Thanks Gale!

Much appreciated Nick. I had a great time at the shoot.
    The babies are very cute. Hard to believe Rosie will one day weigh hundreds of pounds. They have a special baby session in June at their base in Montana.

Here is their site. Check under Events Schedule. I think they are in Utah for another week or two. I found out about it from another photographer.

Thanks for looking!

Thanks! It was certainly an incredible experience.

The shadows, bright light and red rocks could make exposure a challenge, not to mention the rapid movements of the animals. Some of the shots worked out well despite my best efforts.
    :smile:
    Thanks for looking. The jumper is a Cougar, also known as a mountain lion.

11. Wow, what an incredible series of shots, David. The mountain lion leaping shot is unreal. Really stunning!

12. bob swanson

bob swanson Guest

Hi david

Thanks for the info. I've already contacted them. What did you do about meals?
    bsvirginian

13. merlin50

merlin50

Nov 5, 2005
    Chicagoland
    I'm late posting but I really need to say that it was a pure joy meeting David and Avi. I knew David the minute I walked into the first meeting thanks to his avatar. What incredibly nice people! A great surprise for me since neither of us knew the other was signed up. Couldn't ask for better photo/dinner companions, anytime, anywhere. I look forward to the next opportunity.

Great images David! I'm reluctant to post anything after seeing these! You're a tough act to follow! I'll give it a shot anyway. It's been a long time since I've had anything to post.

Dave

14. Thanks Peter. I appreciate your comments.

We were on our own for meals, and usually our group would get a bite after the morning shoot (when there was a break to wait for better light) and again in the evenings. Coffee and breakfast was hard to come by!!! Good thing the motel room had a coffe maker.

We really enjoyed meeting you as well. The whole experience was a great deal of fun. Your photos look great to me!

When is Tom gonna join Nikon Cafe?!?!

15. David these shots are stunning each one of them. Beautiful..

BTW, what lens did you use. I noticed in the exif data the you were shooting some shots at F2.8, and they were crystal sharp.

Louie

16. Thanks Louie. The vast majority was taken with the 70-200vr. I also had the 300vr, but in general that put me too close in. Most of these critters were on the move, so fast was needed.

17. David, these are outstanding for sure. I am totally impressed with your shots even though you gave me a little preview. The LCD did not do them justice. That first image is precious and of course the leaping cougar is in a class by itself. By the way, I really enjoyed having lunch with you and your friend. Thanks for looking me up while you were here.

18. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Oh wow, these are really great David. You must have had a blast shooting these. All are excellent, I don't even think I can pick a favorite.

19. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Fantastic shots David.
    I love the jumping cougar and the eagle.

20. Oh David, I'm sooooo green! I love the cougar! I've always wanted to get a photo of one of those beauties! Shoot, every one these photos in your series is stunning! The lighting, the composition, the subjects, everything about them is simply WOW! Where exactly is that place you went to? I'm wondering if we could possibly go there? If not, keep on posting so I can keep on drooling!:wink: :tongue: :biggrin: