Triple D Game Farm Utah Location

Just returned after three and a half days shooting wild animals at the Triple D Red Rocks shoot. It was quite a thrill to be within the same enclosure as the wild animals. Jay Diest and his trainers run a first rate program, and take excellent care of their animals. It was great having Dave M (merlin50) there along with several other nikon folks. Overall, the 70-200 was all the lens that was needed. I plan on going back to another one of their locations some day.

The bonus of the trip was lunch with Gordon on the last day!

Rosie, the grizzly cub
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cream wolf

Bobcat

Mountain Lion

Cross Fox (part gray, part red)

Golden Eagle

These are fantastic David! And to think these were right in my backyard. How did you find out about the shoot? Any details about what they offer?

Thanks,

all are excellent.

I had do to a 'double take' on the second bobcat shot. the way that his body is shadowed, and his face is in the light, makes it look like he is looking out a mouse hole in the wall.

wow
What does one say
Fantastic
Thanks Gale!

I love the Wolf, Mountain lion #1 and the Eagle. It just doesn't get much better than that, David. Well done!
Much appreciated Nick. I had a great time at the shoot.
Rosie is a little cutie:>)))
So was the Kitten you posted the other day
The babies are very cute. Hard to believe Rosie will one day weigh hundreds of pounds. They have a special baby session in June at their base in Montana.

These are fantastic David! And to think these were right in my backyard. How did you find out about the shoot? Any details about what they offer?

Thanks,
Here is their site. Check under Events Schedule. I think they are in Utah for another week or two. I found out about it from another photographer.

All superb, as usual. I really like the mountain lion shots!
Thanks for looking!

All I can say is "INCREDIBLE"
Thanks! It was certainly an incredible experience.

all are excellent.

I had do to a 'double take' on the second bobcat shot. the way that his body is shadowed, and his face is in the light, makes it look like he is looking out a mouse hole in the wall.
The shadows, bright light and red rocks could make exposure a challenge, not to mention the rapid movements of the animals. Some of the shots worked out well despite my best efforts.
:smile:
those are some great photos. the photo of the bobcat jumping is excellent!
Thanks for looking. The jumper is a Cougar, also known as a mountain lion.

B

bob swanson

Hi david

Thanks for the info. I've already contacted them. What did you do about meals?
bsvirginian

I'm late posting but I really need to say that it was a pure joy meeting David and Avi. I knew David the minute I walked into the first meeting thanks to his avatar. What incredibly nice people! A great surprise for me since neither of us knew the other was signed up. Couldn't ask for better photo/dinner companions, anytime, anywhere. I look forward to the next opportunity.

Great images David! I'm reluctant to post anything after seeing these! You're a tough act to follow! I'll give it a shot anyway. It's been a long time since I've had anything to post.

Dave

Wow, what an incredible series of shots, David. The mountain lion leaping shot is unreal. Really stunning!
Thanks Peter. I appreciate your comments.

Hi david

Thanks for the info. I've already contacted them. What did you do about meals?
bsvirginian
We were on our own for meals, and usually our group would get a bite after the morning shoot (when there was a break to wait for better light) and again in the evenings. Coffee and breakfast was hard to come by!!! Good thing the motel room had a coffe maker.

I'm late posting but I really need to say that it was a pure joy meeting David and Avi. I knew David the minute I walked into the first meeting thanks to his avatar. What incredibly nice people! A great surprise for me since neither of us knew the other was signed up. Couldn't ask for better photo/dinner companions, anytime, anywhere. I look forward to the next opportunity.

Great images David! I'm reluctant to post anything after seeing these! You're a tough act to follow! I'll give it a shot anyway. It's been a long time since I've had anything to post.

Dave
We really enjoyed meeting you as well. The whole experience was a great deal of fun. Your photos look great to me!

When is Tom gonna join Nikon Cafe?!?!

David these shots are stunning each one of them. Beautiful..

BTW, what lens did you use. I noticed in the exif data the you were shooting some shots at F2.8, and they were crystal sharp.

Louie
Thanks Louie. The vast majority was taken with the 70-200vr. I also had the 300vr, but in general that put me too close in. Most of these critters were on the move, so fast was needed.

David, these are outstanding for sure. I am totally impressed with your shots even though you gave me a little preview. The LCD did not do them justice. That first image is precious and of course the leaping cougar is in a class by itself. By the way, I really enjoyed having lunch with you and your friend. Thanks for looking me up while you were here.

Oh wow, these are really great David. You must have had a blast shooting these. All are excellent, I don't even think I can pick a favorite.

Oh David, I'm sooooo green! I love the cougar! I've always wanted to get a photo of one of those beauties! Shoot, every one these photos in your series is stunning! The lighting, the composition, the subjects, everything about them is simply WOW! Where exactly is that place you went to? I'm wondering if we could possibly go there? If not, keep on posting so I can keep on drooling!:wink: :tongue: :biggrin:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom