Tripod in a box. Do not miss this Special Xmas offer

So I have to now lug around a huge case and then spend 45 minutes assembling my tripod? I think I will stick with my trusty travelers tripod and ballhead the next time I hike through the Alps. It clips on to my backpack and unfolds in 30 seconds!

It looks precise.........precisely what I don't want or need. I wonder if there is a service where they can drop it out of an airplane so one didn't have to lug it up the mountain?

Wow, what a piece of engineering! You don't need a Lamborghini to go to get groceries, but, quality is fine to look at. I can't see using this kit, as gear head drives are too slow for me. But, if you want to appreciate Swiss engineering...

Cheers,
alexis and Georgie Beagle

"Why buy a Timex when you can have a Roxex... Too rich for my blood" - Georgie Beagle

Pretty much sums up my feelings when first seeing this. A solution looking for a problem? No doubt that the engineering is without peer ALPA pretty desirable in some quarters. I could easily forgo the tripod in a box if I could get the technical camera with an IQ3 back :cool:

Thanks for the link to LULA. $3000+ does seem a little steep and would buy some excellent gitzo pods and a couple of heads I am sure. The stacking of heads to provide 3 way pan tilt looks a little clumsy. Still it would be good to have a look in the flesh and see who is going to buy and for what specific reason

Real Name
Walter Rowe
If you look at the other products they sell, you will quickly see why this is so expensive. The medium format digital camera backs they exhibit are 30K+ each (Hasselblad, PhaseOne). This is a very precise and high resolution system meant to produce very sharp images. Too rich for my blood.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom