Tripod suggestions?

Discussion in 'Tripods, Ball Heads, and Gimbals' started by Jeff Mims, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Interested in a Gitzo,. I've looked at a 1325 and 1340, but not sure what type head I'd need..or plate. I have a Bogen, which is a pretty sturdy tripod, but is it enough for D2X? It's certainly not a high end Bogen, and would certainly be ok for the D70.
    I doubt I'll ever put anything over 400mm on the camera, and most likely will never use anything past 300, and that's a zoom. I am interested more in portraits, and am looking for a studio tripod. But I also may be using it outdoors as well.
    So pretty much, no wildlife (unless I visit a zoo), candids, scenic and portraiture..are my main photographic interests. I may become more active in sports photography in that my daughter is in highschool, (softball and track). I figure...monopod for that, but that's another thread.
    I welcome suggestions.
    Thank you

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Paul,
    Thanks for the links. I had not read those threads and find them very helpful.

4. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms