Tripod suggestions

Ok now that I have worked out my gear (to some degree), I'm shopping around for a good tripod. Now I looked at the Gitzo tripods but I'm heading in the Manfrotto direction with the 057 3 section geared tripod. Mainly because of price as I want to get a Wimberley style head to fit as well.
This is to suite a Nikon D7100 and 600mm f5.6 ED lens.
I also need to know what plates and shoes are needed for both lens and camera. So any and all suggestions are most welcome as to why or why not ..

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
I am also looking at upgrading to the 507 but the one I am interested on is the four section geared one. I am also looking at getting the 057 Magnesium Ball Head with Q5 Quick Release. It is rated up to 15kg

the 4 section model is quite a bit heavier than the 3 .. plus the money saved on the 3 section I want to put towards a good gimbal ... Wimberley seem to be the right way to go ..

well bit the bullet and have a got a Manfrotto 057 3 section and a CB gimbal on order .. I've also managed to score a Nikon tc-301 teleconverter for my 600mm :biggrin:

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
well bit the bullet and have a got a Manfrotto 057 3 section and a CB gimbal on order .. I've also managed to score a Nikon tc-301 teleconverter for my 600mm :biggrin:

Good on you. I hope that you will enjoy many years of trouble free and happy times of usage from your new purchase.
I went for the Manfrotto 393 head a couple of years ago and like it very much. I think that I still might go for the four section tripod for the added height.
Please report back and let us all know how you find using your new combo after some real world usage.
All the best.
Mike

Latest threads

Top Bottom