tripods

Discussion in 'Tripods, Ball Heads, and Gimbals' started by Tatum, Jul 22, 2007.

1. Tatum

Tatum

Mar 23, 2006
    I have been looking for a new tripod for some time and the whole market seems confusing. I have narrowed it down to what I think will serve me best which is a D50/D80 and tokina 12-24 f/4, 24-120VR and 50 f/1.8D. I read a lot lately tonight about the benro/gitzo brands and the induro line which seems to be the benro company but cheaper and under USA warranty. So! Which one do you guys think would best fit.

Manfrotto 190XPROB

Induro A114 Alloy

Benro C-028 Carbon Fiber

Thanks in advance!

2. yatesd

yatesd

Nov 5, 2006
    York,PA
  3. I have the 190prob almos the same as the new 190xPROB

Its a nice little tripod good for hiking and such, its okay for shorter lenses, but will not be enough for a 100mm+ macro lens i.e.

I would probebly get the 190XPROB its great, or if you want a little sturdier get the 055prob not sure what the bogen number is though.

I recently aquired a 3015/058B manfrotto tripod. Mainly for studio use. Here is a image with the 190prob and the 058b side by side for reference.

[​IMG]

4. You should read Thom Hogan's article on the subject here

It also depends on where you will be using it. I carry mine several miles sometimes, using it on mountains, ocean etc...

I recently went shooting with 3 other people, 2 of us had Gitzo, the others another major brand. Their tripods couldnt take the abuse, legs locked up and they couldnt free them up in the field. The 2 of us with the Gitzo's had no issues, they took a lickin and kept on tickin.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 28, 2007