Tropical Storm / Hurricane...ohhhh Noooooo

:eek: Ok just a bit of news...Texas is in the path of this tropical storm...ya'll keep us in your T&P's. I'll let you know what happens. They [news] say it won't be that bad. But I'm still nervous.

Seneca,
I wish you the best through this storm, but I wouldn't worry too much, the winds are in the 60's with some gust up to 70. It is moving pretty fast and that compiled that it will be hitting land mass will keep it from intensifying. In fact, it should start to lose steam. Structures should be fine, maybe some down trees. If you are in a low area, maybe some flooding. I find the worst thing about hurricanes, is the period of time after it. That is the loss of electrical power, cable tv, phone lines and lets not forget the dsl line. :) That is why I invested in a generator that can power the whole house for at least a week after the storm. No more living out of ice coolers and sleeping in a hot and muggy house.

Again, I only hope you and the rest of Texas the best.
Take care,
Bert

I had one seeing forming right before my nose during my vacation.Thank God it did not complete and fell apart.Last night we had a serious twister in the north of our country.It ruined a few farms.Moved cars several feet,and ripped trees of.Damage in the millions.No one got hurt.
In France they had a simmilar one.3 people got killed.

We have just had three storms blow through New Zealand. Lots of flooding, lost roofs, downed trees and 11 dead over the past 3 weeks so you have reason to be concerned.
Take care

my thoughts are with you guys
hang in there

092240W_sm.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

G

gladjo

Hey guys, it's just a tropical storm. We need the rain. :wink: :biggrin:

R

Removed User 5

At least you get a warning with a hurricane; last night unbelievable storms formed about thirty miles west of Chi-town and WHAM! Roared through here with the actual *storm* moving at 60 MPH, and straight-line winds hitting 90 MPH in places! Half an hour was the most warning that most people had.

Nevertheless, good luck!

Seneca,
I wish you the best through this storm, but I wouldn't worry too much, the winds are in the 60's with some gust up to 70. It is moving pretty fast and that compiled that it will be hitting land mass will keep it from intensifying. In fact, it should start to lose steam. Structures should be fine, maybe some down trees. If you are in a low area, maybe some flooding. I find the worst thing about hurricanes, is the period of time after it. That is the loss of electrical power, cable tv, phone lines and lets not forget the dsl line. :) That is why I invested in a generator that can power the whole house for at least a week after the storm. No more living out of ice coolers and sleeping in a hot and muggy house.

Again, I only hope you and the rest of Texas the best.
Take care,
Bert

Thank you Bert!

I hope the storm will bring us some much needed rain and a drop in temps. We have too many dying from the heat! :Curved:

Well we definately need the rain that's for sure.

I had one seeing forming right before my nose during my vacation.Thank God it did not complete and fell apart.Last night we had a serious twister in the north of our country.It ruined a few farms.Moved cars several feet,and ripped trees of.Damage in the millions.No one got hurt.
In France they had a simmilar one.3 people got killed.

During vacation...ohhhh goodness that would be scarey.

We have just had three storms blow through New Zealand. Lots of flooding, lost roofs, downed trees and 11 dead over the past 3 weeks so you have reason to be concerned.
Take care

The wind is always my concern.

my thoughts are with you guys
hang in there

Thank you Greg - :wink:

Seneca,
Hang on and hope for the best....

I will - thanks.

Seneca, be safe my thoughts are with you folks down in Texas. Mike

Thanks Mike.

Hey guys, it's just a tropical storm. We need the rain. :wink: :biggrin:

I remember this very clearly...it was only a tropical storm....read below....
Tropical Storm Allison was the first named storm of the 2001 Atlantic hurricane season. Allison developed in the Gulf of Mexico south of Galveston on June 4. It strengthened into a tropical storm before striking near Houston, Texas late on June 5. After landfall, Allison stalled over central Texas, producing widespread flash flooding over cental and southeastern Texas. It caused Houston's worst natural disaster in history when it flooded the city...

Allison killed 55 people, 41 direct, 14 indirect. It caused $5.5 billion (2001 USD) in damage, nearly all in Houston; damage from Tropical Storm Allison may have gotten close to $13 billion in actual cost.

And it wasn't even a hurricane!

At least you get a warning with a hurricane; last night unbelievable storms formed about thirty miles west of Chi-town and WHAM! Roared through here with the actual *storm* moving at 60 MPH, and straight-line winds hitting 90 MPH in places! Half an hour was the most warning that most people had.

Nevertheless, good luck!

:eek: OMGosh...how horrible. Those straight-line winds are bad!

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard thunder just as I was drifting off to sleep. No rain at 4:30 when we left the huse, but it started between 6-7. Now at just before 11 the rain is picking up a but the wind is just barelt over a breeze (for now). Horizon is very close - buildings 1/4 mile away have disappeared and reappeared several times in the last hour or so.

So far, Houston is just WET.

Ahhh ok...you live about 10 miles from me. When I was growing up in the 80s I lived near Rogerdale.

Latest threads

Top Bottom