Trouble installing NC.

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by DAVE VAN, Jul 20, 2005.

1. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    I am trying to install Nikon Capture latest version on a pc running Windows XP with SP2 installed. During installation I get a warning of "ICC profile not found"
    During using the program I can get a thumbnail image of the photo but if I double click to open it up the program just quits. It works fine on my laptop with 2000 professional. I don't have the hours to waste on trying to figure this out. I was hoping that one the tech experts on here could help a dummy like me :oops:

2. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

When I encounter that sort of issue after an install I first try re-installing, from safe mode if necessary, but certainly with a clean boot, turning everything off I can in MSCONFIG.

3. DAVE VAN

DAVE VAN

Feb 22, 2005
    New Jersey
    I did try reinstalling a couple of times, but not in safe mode. I went to Nikon's site and they say to make sure that the security settings are turned off to enable the program to run. It's surprising that I can see a thumbnail but not a full size view. I will try installing in safe mode. Thanks for the info.

4. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Hi Dave,

Depending on which version of NC you used before, you may need to upgrade to the next version in line before upgrading to the newest. Nikon has several versions for download.

Another way that may work is to completely uninstall NC and then reinstall the newest version. Make sure you got the license number written down.

There should be some FAQs on Nikon's website.

One thing you could also check, before trying above, is the file locations in the setup menu. The link to the ICC profile directory may be wrong. Check under Tools, Options and then the Color Management tab - see if the "Default RGB color space" is pointing to the right directory and file. (This is just a thought, as you mentioned that NC complains about missing ICC profiles.)

Good luck!