Trouble with NC4

Recently got a new computer from Dell to replace the POS that crapped out on me from them. It came with SP2 already. When I go to load NC4 and run it, I get the dreaded blue screen error message. Can run it in safe mode without problem. Tried to do the update to NC4.2 but it asked for a key, and different from my original one for NC4. Any ideas?

PGB

NC 4 loaded fine on my XP Pro with SP2.

What was the BSOD (blue screen of death) error that you received?

What was the site you get the update from? If it was US NC and Euro update, the key can be different.

Patrick Bramlett said:
NC 4 loaded fine on my XP Pro with SP2.

What was the BSOD (blue screen of death) error that you received?

somthing about dumping memory and a few series of numbers. I did a system restore, and all was fine. But any attempt to run NC4 in win xp, even with taking out all the things loaded in booting via msconfig , still resulted in a bsod

Real Name
Andreas Berglund
Try to uninstall NC 4, reboot and then install again. Could it be that SP2 is causing this? If you cant get it fixed I can help you emailing someone in the XP development team to see if they can fix this.

Backdoctor said:
Recently got a new computer from Dell to replace the POS that crapped out on me from them. It came with SP2 already. When I go to load NC4 and run it, I get the dreaded blue screen error message. Can run it in safe mode without problem. Tried to do the update to NC4.2 but it asked for a key, and different from my original one for NC4. Any ideas?

Hi Harris,

your new PC is Intel based or AMD64 based? There are known issues with AND64, WinXP sP2 and NC4 versions earlier than 4.2. If your new PC is AMD64 based, I can search through the net to find the cure that I read somewhere in a Microsoft forum.

Besides those «little» problems, how's life these days, my friend.

My best regards.

andreasb said:
Try to uninstall NC 4, reboot and then install again. Could it be that SP2 is causing this? If you cant get it fixed I can help you emailing someone in the XP development team to see if they can fix this.

Backdoctor said:

Thanks Andreas, when I get back from the shoot I will try it, and let you know

daodang said:
Hi Harris,

your new PC is Intel based or AMD64 based? There are known issues with AND64, WinXP sP2 and NC4 versions earlier than 4.2. If your new PC is AMD64 based, I can search through the net to find the cure that I read somewhere in a Microsoft forum.

My best regards.

Dao, its an intel P4 3.0ghz chip. Does that help? Thanks

Backdoctor said:
daodang said:
Hi Harris,

My best regards.

Hi Harris,

Until now, the informations I have gathered over the net and friends are:

1.- NC4.0xx has issues with WINXP SP2. Symptoms are dreaded blue screen and reboot, HD keep spinning and nothing happens.

2.- NC 4.1.3 seems to work fine with SP2 (infos from friends)

3,- NC4.0xx and 4.1.3 use the same ID key

In my understanding of your problem (please corrects me if I'm wrong), you can run NC 4.0xx to input the ID key and NC 4.2 upgrade doesn't work if you input the old ID key (except if it was alreadu input in NC before the upgrading).

So here a proposed solution. I didn't try it before proposing but I think there's nothing to loose to try it out.

1.- uninstall completely NC 4
2.- Reinstall NC 4.0x
3.- Upgrade to version 4.1.3
4.- run the new version to input the ID key,
5.- If it works, upgrade to NC 4.2 (you don't need the new ID key if the old one is already input into NC)

If you need the upgrade files (I have 4.1.2, 4.1.3 and 4.2 North America versions), I can email them to you.

Wish this will work

daodang said:
Backdoctor said:
daodang said:
Hi Harris,

My best regards.

Hi Harris,

Until now, the informations I have gathered over the net and friends are:

1.- NC4.0xx has issues with WINXP SP2. Symptoms are dreaded blue screen and reboot, HD keep spinning and nothing happens.

2.- NC 4.1.3 seems to work fine with SP2 (infos from friends)

3,- NC4.0xx and 4.1.3 use the same ID key

In my understanding of your problem (please corrects me if I'm wrong), you can run NC 4.0xx to input the ID key and NC 4.2 upgrade doesn't work if you input the old ID key (except if it was alreadu input in NC before the upgrading).

So here a proposed solution. I didn't try it before proposing but I think there's nothing to loose to try it out.

1.- uninstall completely NC 4
2.- Reinstall NC 4.0x
3.- Upgrade to version 4.1.3
4.- run the new version to input the ID key,
5.- If it works, upgrade to NC 4.2 (you don't need the new ID key if the old one is already input into NC)

If you need the upgrade files (I have 4.1.2, 4.1.3 and 4.2 North America versions), I can email them to you.

Wish this will work

Dao, thanks for the help. Just got home from the shoot this weekend. After downloading and posting a few from my laptop, will give your plan a whirl and let you know. Thanks.

Harris, this is great news. Being without your main processing machine is a real pain.

Glad to hear that you are back up.

Dao, as Harris said, you *are* DA MAN :!: :!:

Frank

Flew said:
Dao, as Harris said, you *are* DA MAN :!: :!:

Frank

I believe that it would be more correct to say that he is...

Da(O) Man :lol: :lol:

Harris, your comment regarding the key not working after the NC upgrade leads me to believe that something different occured when you first did your installs after getting the new machine. It is also pretty darned near impossible to "remember" exactly what may have been different. Glad to hear that the uninstall/reinstall trick did it for you.

Latest threads

Top Bottom