Trumpeters, eagles and geese

I finally made it down to see our local swans in the pond. Last Friday turned out very nice and I was rewarded with the swans flying right over me. I went again on Sunday and met Bill, Louie and Morrie. We could not even see the swans as it was so foggy. After the swans in the morning my wife and I drove up north to see the snow geese. We were lucky to have the whole flock end up flying over us. We then took a nice November walk on the beach and enjoyed the sun. The day ended by seeing the eagle pair sitting in the tree as the sun set. We met up with Bill and his wife Nancy there.

First some swan shots.
original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Swan on its way over my head
View attachment 280051

Swan pair taking off on water wings in mixed position
View attachment 280052

A few Canada Geese flying out in morning
View attachment 280053
Some ducks
View attachment 280054

Now for some snow geese. The whole flock began to fly
View attachment 280055

View attachment 280056
Here is a smaller group
View attachment 280057

While my wife and I walked the beach we found this GBH sitting in the tree enjoying the sun.
View attachment 280058

And the day ended when we watched these two eagles perched in the last of the sunlight for the day. Bill and I watched as the sun disappeared.
View attachment 280059

What a day, supeb shots Jim. Great clarity and detail in each of these shots. Do you think the new firmware has been a big difference. Well done terrific shots all of them.

Louie, I am convinced it is the new tc. I have seen such a big difference in my images since getting it. I am so glad I did.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Real Name
Wade
Great series, some nice different angles, always love the flock shots of massive amounts of birds.

Great series Jim.Isn't it exciting to have those big swans fly right over head and hear those wings flapping and all that noise.Hope to see and hear this later on this evening:smile:

Great shooting all around. The symmetry in #2 is fantastic. Nicely done.
Thanks Warren. I was able to follow that swan all the way over me. It was nice as I was right under the flight path.
Awesome shots all of them,
thanks for sharing.
Thank you for you very kind comment.
Very nice all. Especially like #3.
Thanks much John.
Wow, That is the Word!!! Wow!!
Thanks Gary.
Love number one. Great shots
Thanks the pose of #1 is one of my favorites too.
Great series, some nice different angles, always love the flock shots of massive amounts of birds.
Thanks Wade. When a whole flock flys like that it is always a site to see for sure. You just hope you have a good cover.
Well done Jim. Nice series of pics. Remember....it's turkey we eat today. :) Happy Thanksgiving.
Thanks and we did enjoy a wonderful Turkey.
It's just an awesome sight to see and hear the Geese! Cool shots!
Thanks Andreas. Yes it sure is fun to watch and listen. Always a thrill.
Great series Jim.Isn't it exciting to have those big swans fly right over head and hear those wings flapping and all that noise.Hope to see and hear this later on this evening:smile:
Thanks Tim. Boy it sure is. It is so impressive to see and hear them.

Latest threads

Top Bottom