trying it Franks way

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bfjr, Dec 14, 2005.

1. bfjr

bfjr Guest

very interested in this post:

https://www.nikoncafe.com/vforums/showthread.php?t=58151

I'm still a little (no a lot) confused about how your decide on what pixel size to crop so as to show properly in forum. Does that make sense ??

I understand the smugmug L, S, M, O tags. What I mean is how do you decide what size to upload so that the O tag is displayed correctly?

Anyway here's a shot I've tried it on

Large version
    [​IMG]

Original version
    [​IMG]

I certainly like the "O" version best. I also notice the the long side seems to need to be 960 to 970 pixels to fit correctly, is that right?
    If I'm on the right track what is the best workflow way to achieve the pixel dimension?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. I set mine to around 800 wide, then my framing action makes it around 875 wide I think...

For resizing I use the FredMiranda SIPro2 tool and select 800-825 depending on my mood for the width for landscape and if portrait then 800-825 for the long side....

Ben, it's up to you to decide which pixel size you prefer to post, but in general it's in the 800-850 range...

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    I agree with Brett (and you Eric). I generally set my max width to about 900 pixels, either using the FM Resize Pro, or just using bicubic (smoother, normal, or sharper) in PS CS2, or for portrait, to a max height of between 700 and 800 pixels. Then when I add my borders, I come up to about 960 - 980 pixels wide or up to about 840 - 860 pixels high.

4. still following this good information. Good example Ben.

5. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Thanks Dave

Frank and Brett
    I think I got it now. Practiced on few shots yesterday.
    We'll see on my next post
    :wink: