trying out new lense

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by dmwphoto, Apr 30, 2005.

1. impending storm here so I am not venturing far. these are a couple from the back yard, not great and did not use the best techniques but they somehow grab my attention. comments??
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Both are nice Dave. I like the close up shot of the bee.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Not bad Dave, not bad at all. I really like the bee shot.

BTW, I thought that we agreed that you weren't going to buy any more lenses for at least a few microseconds....I mean, six ain't enough??

Heeheeheehee!! :lol:

Just kidding Dave. 8)

Which lens?

Frank

4. Good closup pictures, Dave. The #2 is graphically very nice.

5. Thanks you, Gordon and Dao. I like the second one the best.
    As for you, Frank, This is the lense I bought from Scott Sherman and i do still only have six..... for a few milliseconds...... :^)

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    So this is the 200 Micro? What do you think so far? What is the working distance on these shots?

Frank

7. I am actually having a hard time with getting used to the longer working distance. these are shot from around 10-12 inches. the bee picture has been cropped and enlarged.
    I know you had an interest in this lense also. I hope to give it a real workout in the mountains and meadow of west virginia this coming week. I am going on a photo vacation that finishes in chincoteague with some other members.

8. Frank, there's a cheaper alternative to the Nikon 200mm micro (which is an awesome lens (just tried it out but not enough photo budget to own it))... the Tamron 180mm f/3.5 macro. This lens is excellent, just a little bit less constrast than the Nikon.

9. Sitting here with an ENORMOUS smile on my face. What great detail!! :D :D :D

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Dao,

I've already more than blown my budget for the next 10 years on cams and lenses. So far, I have stuck with Nikon glass, even though it has caused me to miss house payments and meals - no, no, that's not right.... :lol:

I have stuck to Nikon because I read all these comments that it is just subtly better, and I feel like I'm making an investment. Having said all of that, I already have a pretty good macro set-up with the 70-200VR and the Canon 500D. I know that it's not as good as this lens, or probably even the Tamron, but it does keep me from having to carry another mid-sized lens, and it does have VR. :wink:

Someday, maybe I'll jump to one of these. I'm just trying to keep up with what works best for now.

Thanks,

Frank