Trying out other peoples camera config settings...

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by williadw, Sep 9, 2008.

1. I was thinking how fun it would be, to try out each others camera settings on occasion.

For those that have the Nikon Camera Control Pro 2 software the files could be .NCC or tfor those that don't have NCCP2 the files can be saved on your CF card as .NCP files and loaded via the reverse. Copying them from your PC to the CF card and loading them in the camera.

I don't know if anyone has any interest in this, but if they do, I would be more than happy to setup a file area on my Comcast account where they could be downloaded from.

Someone could email me theirs and I could make them available for download. I know, some are already out on the Internet and available to use, for the D300 anyway.

They could be in seperate directories for each model. I don't know all the models that are supported by CC Pro, but I would image all the ones in the last few years are.

Let me know if you have any interest here in this.

---------------

For those with D300's or D3's. Here is how you save/load the files from/to your camera:

Using MENU > Shooting Menu > Manage Picture Control > SAVE, you can store, recall and share these settings via CF cards.

Copy this file from your CF card to your PC - This has the settings for your Camera to share or to keep, if you want to reload them.

After you copy it to your PC, be sure it's named "PICCON01.NCP" Rename it if your computer renamed it something else.

To load someone elses settings:

Create a new folder called NIKON at the top level of your CF card.

Create a new folder called CUSTOMPC in this new NIKON folder.

Put the PICCON01.NCP file in the CUSTOMPC folder, like NIKON D300/NIKON/CUSTOMPC/PICCON01.NCP.

Put the CF card in your D300 or D3.

Load it into your D300 using MENU > Shooting Menu > Manage Picture Control > Load/save > Copy to Camera.

Now you have some new settings to play with!

If you want to go back to your old settings... just reload them as above!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2008
  2. NO response...

lol

Sorry I mentioned it. :redface:

3. After much experimenting I use these setting on my D70.

Auto WB -2
    In menu Optimize Image Custom:
    Sharpening +2
    Tone Auto
    Saturation Normal
    Hue -6.

I find red, green and blus more accurate.

Thanks for mentioning it.

Les