Trying out the 180mm Prime

Discussion in 'Birds' started by PEPPER PETE, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Thought I'd try the 180mm Nikor that has been collecting dust in my bag. This little guy kept chasing the other Hummers away from the feeder so I thought I'd get a shot. Comments welcome.
    Pete

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent hummer Ben. I'm not quite there yet.

3. Thats a nice one Pete, looks like a good lens.

Martin

4. Looks like a keeper to me, nice shot Pete!

5. Well Frank, I guess I whomever Ben is I'm sure he's another photographer, I hope he likes Hummers. lol Thanks for the comment.
    Pete

6. Thanks Martin and Keith for the nice comments. I've got to get the little guys fighting one of these times.
    Pete

7. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Ahh don't mind Frank, Pete he's prob just trying to get over all these great hummer shots comming down the pike :)

and yours can join right in, good job

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Oops, sorry Pete.... :oops:

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    That's really nice. I have a hard time with this lens and focusing on moving targets - it hunts a lot. What's your secret?

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Great capture. Very pretty.

Tough subject.

11. Thanks Chris, the lens is a very sharp lens but is also a very slow lens if you use it in the auto focus mode. I mounted it on a tripod and prefocused it. I made a reflecting object using a spoon as a parabolic reflector into the remote sensor, I then sat back and used my Nikon remote and wa-la. Hope this helps.
    Pete

12. Hey Ben maybe he got me mixed up with you. We both live in So. Calif. and carry a camera. lol Thanks Ben
    Pete

13. Thanks Gale, they are pretty little guys. The males have such vibrant colors to show.
    Pete