Trying out the 180mm Prime

Thought I'd try the 180mm Nikor that has been collecting dust in my bag. This little guy kept chasing the other Hummers away from the feeder so I thought I'd get a shot. Comments welcome.
Pete

31269281-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

B

bfjr

Ahh don't mind Frank, Pete he's prob just trying to get over all these great hummer shots comming down the pike :)

and yours can join right in, good job

PEPPER PETE said:
Flew said:
Excellent hummer Ben. I'm not quite there yet.
Well Frank, I guess I whomever Ben is I'm sure he's another photographer, I hope he likes Hummers. lol Thanks for the comment.
Pete

Oops, sorry Pete.... :oops:

Chris101 said:
That's really nice. I have a hard time with this lens and focusing on moving targets - it hunts a lot. What's your secret?
Thanks Chris, the lens is a very sharp lens but is also a very slow lens if you use it in the auto focus mode. I mounted it on a tripod and prefocused it. I made a reflecting object using a spoon as a parabolic reflector into the remote sensor, I then sat back and used my Nikon remote and wa-la. Hope this helps.
Pete

bfjr said:
Ahh don't mind Frank, Pete he's prob just trying to get over all these great hummer shots comming down the pike :)

and yours can join right in, good job
Hey Ben maybe he got me mixed up with you. We both live in So. Calif. and carry a camera. lol Thanks Ben
Pete

Latest threads

Top Bottom