Trying out the Sig 70-200 2.8

I took my son to a Independant League game yesterday here in Jersey. I bought this Sig from "Jupman" a few weeks ago. IMO, this lens is under-rated. I took these from the first base side four rows up. I tried Aperture for the first time and liked the results. I used auto ISO and under cloudy skies hand held.

1) This little guy was in his glory.

_DSC1067.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2) Just missed b on b.

_DSC1114_filtered.jpg

3) Another close one.

_DSC1153_filtered.jpg

4)
_DSC1265.jpg

5)
_DSC1318_filtered.jpg

6)
_DSC1213.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That's weird, they were workin a few minutes ago, fixed!

These are nice! I'm thinking about getting this lens...What body did you use and what settings? How did you find the weight and size during the game?

Thx

These are nice! I'm thinking about getting this lens...What body did you use and what settings? How did you find the weight and size during the game?

Thx

Thanks. It was a cloudy dreary day. I used Aperture most of the time, but on occasion, switched to Manual. The lens is sharpest between F 3.2- 4.0. Auto ISO was hitting between 1600-2000SS of 1600. In camera Sharpening set to 4, Contrast +1, Saturation +1. Although it is on the heavier side, it's no problem for me. In this case, with stadium type seating and an open seat in front, I used the knee to elbow to balance the lens.
BTW, saw the same lens in the For Sale forum yesterday for $550. It's worth every penny if you don't have $1,600. laying around!

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom