Trying something out (B&W Version Added)

Discussion in 'People' started by frede, Jun 7, 2007.

1. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    My attempt at a high-key PP. Do we like? Don't worry I'm thick skinned, so let it rip. Thanks for looking. :smile:

534733397_c71222a11e.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2007
  2. I like it Fred but it has a red cast to it. If that was intended that is fine but if not you might try running this through a B&W conversion.

3. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    I used the Fred Miranda tool set to "Light Sepia", so the cast was intended, but you've made a very good point. I should have gone with the "Heavy Sepia" or not used it at all. As is the viewer could think it's an intentional color cast. Thanks for your input Gordon. :smile:

4. GoGo

GoGo

Apr 20, 2006
    New York
    looks good

Fred,
    Looks good to me, looking straight at the screen I see light sepia, looking at an angle I see some red.

I like the image though, especially the high key effect where you blow out some of the tones. Briliant eyes here!

5. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    I like it . I think it works very well.

6. i dont like it, but would be better BW

7. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    B&W version.

Here's the B&W version.

534771322_79329be27a.

8. I like the B&W version much better.

9. The B&W version looks much better to me Fred. Normally sepia would not be used on a hi-key image.

10. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Giorgio

Thanks for you kind words.:smile:

Thanks Laura. B&W better? BTW, I love the no fluff comment. :smile:

Thanks Anthony!

I agree 100%. Thanks for your advice Gordon.

11. satelite seven

satelite seven

May 14, 2006
    london
    Really like the B & W version Fred. I must get around to trying some high key PP myself.

12. Fred......... the B/W kills the other image............ cool work!

G

13. ponykilr

ponykilr

May 23, 2007
    usa
    A blue cast could work here too. I go against the grain I guess, I like the light red cast better of the two. That's why it's art and not science I guess.

14. I like the B&W better also. The original has too much of that faded old print film look to it. Eyes are bit too crystalline for the overall softness of the image IMO.

15. bryan

bryan Guest

stick with the B&W version... much betta'

16. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Patrick.

Thanks you Graeme.

Thanks for your comments. :smile:

Thanks Woody.

Thanks Bryan.

17. ponykilr

ponykilr

May 23, 2007
    usa
    I think that this is the reason I do like it. It makes my imagination start working.

18. bw better, yes

19. I'm not a fan of the image in the OP, the black and white version is much better IMO... Either way, Kasia is still beautiful!!!

20. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks Paul.

Thanks you Laura.

Thanks Keith I appreciate your input - my first attempt at this kind of processing. Good thing for the Café because sometimes I don't have a clue about what is good and what is not. I agree, Kasia's beauty makes me look like a better photog.