Trying to decide the next step...

I would trade both bodies for a d90 which will give you nice high iso use (or so i am told), keep the 50, sell the other lens and buy a sigm 10-20 for wide and the nikon 70-300 Vr which is a superb lens for the money.
I would also add a flash.
There may be slight gaps in the lens range, but a couple of paces will sort that out.

I would trade both bodies for a d90 which will give you nice high iso use (or so i am told), keep the 50, sell the other lens and buy a sigm 10-20 for wide and the nikon 70-300 Vr which is a superb lens for the money.
I would also add a flash.
There may be slight gaps in the lens range, but a couple of paces will sort that out.
I'm more worried about glass than bodies right now, I just picked up my D80 and I'm more than happy with it. I'll get a new one maybe next summer or so.

For wide angle I'll probably just get on the list for the Tokina 11-16, maybe. Haha.

I'm looking into a telephoto with an aperture of 2.8, I'll be shooting a lot of night games and possibly plays/dance recitals this fall. The Nikon 70-200 VR just screams at me, but thats so much money to drop, so I'm still trying to decide what to do.

I have an SB600, I'll probably grab another one too sometime soon.

If 35mm is the widest thing you're going to have in your bag, I think you'll be quickly itching for a WA lens. 35mm on the DX crop is just not wide at all.

Perhaps Tokina 11-16mm, 85mm f/1.8, and a 70-300mm VR? I don't know if even the 70/80-200mm will be fast enough for night sports. The 85mm might give you some more leeway.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom