trying to find a forum for a friend

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Terri French, May 30, 2005.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    I have a friend who just went from a point and shoot to a Canon 20D. I was tellinghim how great this forum is. Do you know if there is a similar forum somewhere for Canon owners?

2. I remember signing up at a similiar forum just for canon users but I found the people there quite rude and inconsiderate. I have no clue if it is still up though. My guess is it still is. You just won't find a place like this and a place like this with the members it has doesn't come around often so my guess is somebody will know a place similiar but no where near as friendly.

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Terri, have your friend join us...I won't tell anyone that he shoots Canon. I would rather be surrounded by a few nice people that shoot Canon than some Nikon shooters that can be disruptive as on other sites. This site is everything that anyone of us could have ever wished for. Have your friend join us.....

4. Tell him to return it, and buy a Nikon d70s. Then he can hang out with us good guys :lol: 8) :p.

5. Yes, I'm sure people won't mind him joining here as long as he doesn't spout Canon propaganda. ;)

But if he really wants to look for a similar type forum for Canon, I would recommend this one:

http://photography-on-the.net/forum/index.php

I used to visit there on occasion when I was still using my old Canon G3 and considering buying a Canon DSLR (before choosing the D70 instead).

Haven't been there in a long while now, but the folks there were generally quite friendly and helpful kinda like here although I think NikonCafe is generally more friendly, down-to-earth and mature w/ more knowledgeable folks like Iliah and probably more working pros as well. But either way, both are generally better than DPR forums as friendly, helpful places to chat and learn w/ better forum software and very reasonable moderators -- Pekka tends to be very hands off much like Patrick and Frank (Flew) here, but keep a reasonably close eye so things don't get too out of hand like in DPR forums.

_Man_

6. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    Terri, I used to be a Minolrta user when I joined this forum. They didn't kick me out but they did cost me a lot of money when I eventually switched over to the Nikons.

7. Terri,

Good pictures are good pictures, no matter the camera used to take them. A public forum with plenty nice folks like NikonCafe is rather rare I think. So invite your friend to join and to have fun with us.

8. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    thanks to all

who gave me such great information. I am forwarding a link to this thread on to my friend. Hopefully he can find some information in it that will be of interest to him.

You are all so nice.