1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

TT Streetwalker V2.0 Pro?

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Cima2oo7, Oct 10, 2017.

1. Cima2oo7

Cima2oo7

Aug 11, 2007
    Mountain Home, ID
    Mark
    So I am in the market for a camera bag. I am looking at the Think Tank Streetwalker Pro and am pretty well sold on it, but being unable to see one in person, I come to you fine photographers (and Im open to other suggestions). I currently have my D500, 70-200 2.8, 85 1.8, 50 1.8, 35 1.8, and 2 SB-800's plus 15" macbook pro. I am looking to get a little more than what I currently need so I don't have to immediately upgrade when I get a few more lenses.
    Must haves:
    Ability to hold body with 70-200 attached.
    Ease of access.
    Comfortable to hike with/carry all day.
    Waterproof.
    Ability to hold longer glass such as 400 2.8 for when I rent that to go to Yellowstone.

Prefer a backpack style so my arms are free, but will entertain a over the shoulder bag as long as it does what I need.

I am not brand specific, however I am aware of both Think Tank and Lowepro's reputation for putting out quality products.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  2. Have you look at the other brands on the market? Tamrac, LowePro, etc? I use a LowePro backpack and a ThinkTank Spectral 10 shoulder bag. The LowePro AW350 backpack carries all you mention including attaching the 70-200 lens and putting a 15" MacBook Pro in a padded slot inside the back of the backpack. I don't use that slot to carry the laptop because it adds weight and I don't need that with me when I'm out shooting. I have had prior LowePro backpacks. They last and are superbly constructed. I have looked at other brands and always come back to LowePro.

3. I have the Streetwalker HD and can answer one of your questions definitively! It is not a comfortable bag for all day carry and hiking. In fact it's really only good for me to get my gear from the car to the plane, and then to the hotel when I travel. I ended up getting a roller bag for this and the backpack hasn't seen any use recently. I upgraded to a more rigid padded Think Tank belt to try to make it work, and you just cannot shift weight to your hips. I think it could be configured to carry a D500 with 70-200 mounted, hood reversed, but I don't have that particular setup and you'd want to consult the website. I very much doubt this would be a good option to carry a 400/2.8.

In all honesty, your best bet is either an F-stop backpack with appropriate inserts, or consider a backpack from a hiking oriented company with rear panel access (many ski/snowboarding packs have this feature) in conjunction with some camera inserts. These packs have internal framing which shifts weight to your hips, and can be sized appropriately for your torso.

4. I have the original street walker and like other TT bags the straps are not comfortable. Lowpro back packs are way better for comfort

5. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    If you purchase from B&H, you can easily - no questions asked - return the item if it does not meet your needs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.