TTL Flash Trigger Systems for Nikon...

Real Name
Chris
I'm going to bump this thread up. After some frustration of trying to get good environmental family pics on vacation (with me in them) I decided to revisit off camera flash. I had tried it out with some manual flashes and triggers a few years ago after inspiration from Uncle Frank (miss his presence here greatly) and Strobist.

After I was caught up on the current offerings I decided to try out the Godox system. Things have come a long way! I ended up getting the Flashpoint branded items from Adorama and went with the R2 Pro II transmitter, two eVOLV 200's (AD200), one TTL Mini. The 200's came bundled with the AD-B2 so I got a Glow EZ-Lock 25" beauty dish as well.

The system is very intuitive. I set the 200's to groups A and B, and the TTL Mini to group C. Then I selected channel 10 for each component. That was it, up and running after charging the batteries. Each unit has a built in receiver, and the TTL mini has a transceiver so that it can function as a commander if needed. Controls are very easy with hard buttons for everything on the R2 transmitter, no need to decode little symbols or menu dive. HSS automatically kicks in above the camera's sync speed. Not a single cable. AD200's are the size of speedlights with 3x the power, and come with both a fresnel and bare bulb. The whole system supports Nikon's TTL metering. There's a really cool feature where you can start off in TTL, fire a shot, and then switch to manual with a dedicated button while retaining the last TTL settings. For a beginner like me this saves a ton of time, as I can fire a test shot and then adjust from there.

Anybody else here on the Café using this system? Now that I've got the rig, I'm going to go through the Strobist site again and bribe my kids to be subjects in exchange for Apple App Store credits.
I’m a little late in this reply but I have been shooting Godox for a while. 3 V860II and AD400 as a main. Never had a single issue... ever. They work great and every time and the batteries are awesome. Definitely a wonderful system.

Try using Radio triggers attached to the camera and each flash unit; with an additional trigger in your hands.
I use a set from Yuong Nuo but there are others.

I’m a little late in this reply but I have been shooting Godox for a while. 3 V860II and AD400 as a main. Never had a single issue... ever. They work great and every time and the batteries are awesome. Definitely a wonderful system.
Godox is an amazing system for the price. The Godox XPro is a great radio wireless trigger. V60II has nice power and recycle time.

Real Name
Chris
Godox is an amazing system for the price. The Godox XPro is a great radio wireless trigger. V60II has nice power and recycle time.
I have been very happy with them. Initially I was only using the trigger and the 860’s but since have added the AD400 as more and more of my clients prefer to shoot outdoors at remote locations. Very happy with that purchase

OP quote " 3) Pixel King Pro. Awesome value. Almost as relaible as Odin and quite a bit less money! These have some cool features like TTL pass-through, transceiver design, and superior build quality. But they've been proven to be incompatible with some third party flashes in unusual ways. Also Pixel King has very limited product support in the US and they're primarily sold through eBay and Amazon which means in most cases shipped directly from China. Product manual is said to be translated poorly too."

I use a Nikon SB900 flashgun but thinking about adding a third party one , Could you name a couple that work with Pixel King please
was thinking about one of these

https://www.camera-gear.com/product/pixel-x800n-pro

Last edited:
Real Name
Walter Rowe
I am looking at new strobes and considering the Godox rebranded FlashPoint units from Adorama. Same product as Godox, but with USA Warranty from Adorama. The XPro remotes and 600Pro TTL HSS heads with built-in battery packs and radio receivers are impossible to beat in terms of price for quality of unit. I have Hensel studio lights that require AC power. These FlashPoint (Godox) lights with rechargeable batteries are incredible and get stellar reviews. They have been out for a while.

Real Name
Chris
I am looking at new strobes and considering the Godox rebranded FlashPoint units from Adorama. Same product as Godox, but with USA Warranty from Adorama. The XPro remotes and 600Pro TTL HSS heads with built-in battery packs and radio receivers are impossible to beat in terms of price for quality of unit. I have Hensel studio lights that require AC power. These FlashPoint (Godox) lights with rechargeable batteries are incredible and get stellar reviews. They have been out for a while.
You won’t be disappointed. I love my Godox strobes. 2 AD400 on c stands with the pro commander unit and ain’t much I can’t do.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom