Tuachan

Discussion in 'People' started by greyflash, Dec 24, 2005.

1. Last night my family and I went to a re-enactment of the nativity at Tuachan. This area is very beautiful and is situated in a very large red rock canyon in Santa Clara, Utah. The stage area is set up for plays and concerts but at Christmas they do the nativity.

I was located quite far back in the seating and only had my 17-55mm lens but it proved to be fine to take in the entire stage area. In the background you will notice the huge bolders and cliff area that were lighted. It was from this setting that the shepherds and wise men came with their sheep, goats and camels. The lighted star was far up on the cliffs and I could not include it in this shot.

original.

Date/Time 23-Dec-2005 20:17:07
    Make Nikon
    Model NIKON D2H
    Flash Used No
    Focal Length 45 mm
    Exposure Time 0.62 sec
    Aperture f/5.6
    ISO Equivalent 200
    Exposure Bias
    White Balance (-1)
    Metering Mode center weighted (2)
    Exposure Program manual (1)
    Focus Distance

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wow Gordon that is beautiful..

Thank You

3. Very nice shot, Gordon. Had to chuckle though as it looks like the camel had an accident! :eek:

4. Thanks Gale. I was even surprised at how good it came out.

5. You noticed the accident hmmm. :eek: Must have happened when they were practicing as the camel held its bladder during the performance.:smile: Thanks for your comments.

6. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Thank you Gordon. I always love the Living Nativity....such a reminder of what this season is truly about.

Much love to you and your family during this blessed time of year.

7. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    Excellent post Gordon. Perfect photos seem to always come by surprise. :smile:

8. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Awesome shot, Gordon. The canyon setting makes this so tangible. You are fortunate to have this re-enactment in your area. Thanks for sharing!

9. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Excellent shot Grodon, and you used the perfect focal length for it too! Have fun shooting your huge family today, and Merry Christmas to you my friend!

10. Beautiful shot

Hi Gordon,
    Very nice shot. You did a great job with that lens. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas to you and your family

11. Thanks Leigh, it is neat to have a living nativity.

12. Thanks Scott, hope your Christmas holidays are nice.

13. Gadgetguy, Steve, Ed;

Thanks for taking the time to look and to comment. Tuachan is such a beautiful place and the nativity was well done with live animals, shepherds, and wisemen.