Tubing last night.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by steve f, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Some friends came over last night for some water skiing and tubing. Since i did the driving for the skiers I couldn't take any pics of them. But I did get some shots of my daughter when she went out in the new tube we picked up a few weeks ago. Here they are.

Steve

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Well, that certainly looks like a lot of fun!!!! esp during these heat waves we're having this summer. Good sharp pics - what cam/lens were you using?

3. Great action shots. Here's one. I don't think she's having fun

4. The other "kid" sure is!

:wink:

5. Sandi,

These were taken with my D70 and a Nikon 70-210mm lens. Aperture was f4.5 with a shutter speed that varied between 1/800 and 1/1000.

You're right about the heat. It's been a hot and humid summer. They are predicitng 90 plus degrees through Friday of this week. Sure makes the water sports fun though.

Jeff,

Have to agree with Rich. The little girl doesn't look as if she wants to be there, but the "big kid" is sure having a great time.

Steve

6. How fun Steve. Not only fun but cool as well. Good images with excellent color and sharpness.

7. I've shot this same scenario with my CP5700 and was so frustrated. Can't wait for a chance to do it again with my D70 and 70-210. Yours are great (although the horizon might be just a degree or two off level ;-)).

8. Gordon,

Thank you. We had a great time last night. Left the dock around 5:30 and pulled back in two hours later.

David,

No question about the horizon. The ones I took when we were going in a straight line have the horizon a lot straighter. But the ones where we were in a turn have it at quite an angle. I was conscious of it, and just tried to get the tube as straight as possible, but it's not easy in a boat that bouncing around.

The 70-210mm lens is pretty sharp and should work out well for you. I'll look forward to seeing yours.

Steve

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice captures, Steve. It is enjoyable to see someone having a really good time. The quality of the images are fine...great colors and water. Thanks so much for sharing.

10. GaryW

GaryW Guest

Sounds like crisp fall weather to us down here.

11. Frank,

Thank you. We had a ball. We'll be back at it tomorrow evening.

Gary,

Been speaking with our salesman in Dallas and he's been telling me the same thing. In fact, he's lining up a trip for us to see a customer or two down in Houston later this month.

Steve

12. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    That last shot is just too much! What can I say - WAHOO!!!