Tukwilla trying to reunite camera with owner

Saw this come across Facebook.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Ken
That is up in our neck of the woods, but they did not give my information to go by. I see they mentioned Glazers Camera, so I am assuming they check the serial number with them. It is s shame there are no identifying images that can help trace the camera back to the owner.

--Ken

Run the images on the memory card through here:

https://www.stolencamerafinder.com/
On a lark, I tried one from my D7000. It gave me results from a D600 and none of mine. At least it identified my camera properly. My D7200 image didn't return any hits.

I guess that since Facebook removes the camera information, nothing I publish will be found by that website anyway. We would have to count on the camera thief publishing photos in places that leave images alone.

........... We would have to count on the camera thief publishing photos in places that leave images alone.
In this case, you'd have to count on the proper owner having previously uploaded some images with the S/N intact. It's not a guarantee, it's just an option.

It seems to me that someone with the proper description of the camera, plus serial number, and lens description & serial number should be able to reclaim the camera, without reciting the photos on the card. BUT, it could have been loot from a former theft! What? You don't keep a record of your equipment serial numbers? :cool: :banghead: Like in Boxing;"Protect yourself at all times!"

It seems to me that someone with the proper description of the camera, plus serial number, and lens description & serial number should be able to reclaim the camera, without reciting the photos on the card. BUT, it could have been loot from a former theft! What? You don't keep a record of your equipment serial numbers? :cool: :banghead: Like in Boxing;"Protect yourself at all times!"
I don’t have a list with serial numbers, it sounds like it might be a good idea to make one. I’ve always looked at doing it as a real PIA but it appears to be something that is necessary. Might be a good winter project.

I don’t have a list with serial numbers, it sounds like it might be a good idea to make one. I’ve always looked at doing it as a real PIA but it appears to be something that is necessary. Might be a good winter project.
It doesn't take long, and you only have to do it once!

Last edited:
Real Name
Don
I don’t have a list with serial numbers, it sounds like it might be a good idea to make one.
Thanks folks for the documentation reminder. I just now used my mobile phone camera to take photos of all the serial number panels of my new equipment (first Nikon, May 21). Don't yell at me...lol, I only use the phone camera for simple pix like this.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom