Tulips, Skagit River Valley

My wife's siblings and mother live in the Seattle area. While visiting there last month, we stopped to take a look at the tulips.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

M

Mitchell-Krog

Nice Steve, they are so bright they almost look fake, must have been awsome to be have been standing in a field of Tulips like that.

Nice Steve, they are so bright they almost look fake, must have been awsome to be have been standing in a field of Tulips like that.
Yes, actually I learned something from this shoot. I never noticed red colors being overexposed on film in the past, but the sensor of the D2X does over expose reds. I had to drop the exposure by -.7 stops to epose for the reds. Fields of yellow or pink tulips did not need as much exposure compensation.

Wow thats a bouquet and a half:)))
Beautiful
Thanks Gale, it is quite a sight to see!

Steve, we live very close to the "tulips" and see them every year. . .. one doesn't realize how hard it is to get a good image of them. . . so much color and so many. . . you did very well.

Steve, we live very close to the "tulips" and see them every year. . .. one doesn't realize how hard it is to get a good image of them. . . so much color and so many. . . you did very well.
I've only seen them a couple times on my visits, but this was the first time there was some sunlight and no wind.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom