1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Tunnel Vision

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by chewbecca, Jul 5, 2008.

1. This is some graffiti that is on the walls of a tunnel under a local river bridge.

Don't know how good these are, but I thought I'd share.
    2638399043_6225d3a2f3.

I didn't even realize the word "f*ck" was on this face (so you can imagine what I've appropriately named this image) until after I took the shot. The tunnel was very dark at this point and I'm glad we had brought the tripod with.
    2639232632_5abd3ffded.

Straight down the tunnel.
    2638404145_2e5a3f2311.

Somebody's found Satan.
    2639235390_fc8ac030de.

2639233258_233ae60eec.

My husband being in this shot was unintentional. He was keeping an eye on our children who were playing on the playground, but he also wanted to stay in the tunnel with me. I was trying to get a side shot of the big heart again, but I caught him in the corner and decided to snap the shot anyway.
    I know it looks like some cheesy album cover or something, but I really like it anyway.:biggrin:
    2638401191_4f942efdfb.

2638746955_5d7b0612a6.

Thanks for looking.

2. Great shots there Rebecca, love them, expecially the third one.
    Do you like Urban Exploring (Urbexing) buy any chance, or derelict buildings?

3. Thank you!

Yes, yes I do, when I can find some gems like this (well, what I consider a gem.:biggrin:) 

4. Ah right, are you a meber of any urbex site, like, derelict places here in the uk.
    Im sure youll be able to find some somewhere.
    And iv got a few pics like that on my underr construction site, http://spamclan.co.uk/urbexmain.html hope you like, and please chek out my deviant art too, have you got a website, or anything?

5. nice shots
    interesting locale

6. Oh! No, I am not a member of anything like that (though, I WILL take a look around, thank you!). This urban exploring deal is new to me, and I only go when my husband can go with me. I (and he, really) don't want to go by myself. I'm a little woman. I may only have a D60, but I like it and want to keep it. I don't want to be harrassed (which I have been before, not meanly, just...interrupted, you know?), I just want to take pictures.:biggrin:

I'd LOVELOVELOVE to get up to Chicago and have a walk in some places, so I can get some shots. I KNOW there's a ton that's interesting there.

Thank you for your compliments and for the info. I'll look into it.:biggrin:

7. Thanks, Greg!
    It IS an interesting little tunnel. My husband excitedly told me he had somewhere he wanted to take me the other day. He said, "I've got somewhere for you, and you're going to be THRILLED."
    And he took me to that tunnel.
    :biggrin:

8. Hi Guys,

Awesome shots here, these are my cup of tea!!! Love to urbex, although, for the photography rather than the exploration. 3 and 6 are my faves.

Cheers,

Gary.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.