Turning Torso, Malmø Sweden..

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Flyfishdk, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
    I had the chance to visit the very special building Turning Torso in Malmø. The building is turning 90 degress around it's own axe. The building is the tallest residens building in Europe. The whole area surrounding The tall building is an architechtural experiment where diffrent styles, marterials and colors are tried and developed. The whole area are placed on the coastline to oresund. I have made theese pics so far, what do you think?

DSC_2482copy.

DSC_2460copy.

DSC_2511copycopy.

DSC_2519copy.

DSC_2501copycopy.

DSC_2490copycopy.

DSC_2497copy.

DSC_2512copy.

DSC_2526copy.

DSC_2524copy.

2. MC Escher strikes again!

Weird building and I like your images.
    The twist looks like a crazy photoshop distortion.
    I imaging it would be expensive to construct and the engineering would be difficult.
    I wonder if it has any advantages over traitional buildings?:confused:

3. Flyfishdk

Flyfishdk

Nov 1, 2006
    Denmark
  4. Cool building, although it seems that it doesn't really fit into the other buildings. I find some of your BW conversions, esp. the last two a bit dark, maybe it's just me.

5. Nice architecturals.

How about a shot of the base of the torqued building?