Tutorial for SB-600

Discussion in 'General flash photography, lighting, and technique' started by RayLarson, Aug 16, 2008.

1. RayLarson

RayLarson

Mar 27, 2007
    Pawtucket, RI
    Does anyone have any tips, tricks or tutorial for the use of a SB-600 with a D80? I read the manual and it is written for a ph. d and I have been getting nowhere. I am confused as to when to use ttl, ttl bl and manual and other pretty simple tasks like adjusting for bounce flash, when and how to adjust and yadda, yadda.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

2. It's a bit late in the season now, but look for Nikonians CLS course. It's unbelievable; you'll be an expert in six hours.

Bruce

3. I_media

I_media

May 16, 2007
    Norway
  4. johnm

johnm

May 15, 2007
    Hubbard, Ohio
    I know this is written for the D200 but it really helped me understand how to use the Nikon CLS with the SB series of speedlight. There is one section on how to set up the SB600, but if you read all six sections you will get a good understanding of how to use it. They are not long, they are free, clear and easy to read.

http://www.nikonians.org/nikon/d200_and_cls/

John

5. RayLarson

RayLarson

Mar 27, 2007
    Pawtucket, RI
    Thanks John. Good Article. Answered a lot of questions

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.