Two clear days in a row!!

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Minuteman3, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Somewhat of an unusual situation this time of year!! Two days of crystal clear skies. Cold, by our standards ... right around freezing. Went out and grabbed a couple of shots of our nearby mountain, Rainier.

Last evening ...

Rainier Sunset - Version 2.

This morning ...

Rainier Sunrise 42-Edit.

Cheers!!

Ken

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  2. Lovely! 2 blue days here too. Snow on Wednesday.

3. Thanks! Yeah, we're due for rain starting this evening.

Another treatment of sunset last evening ...
    Rainier Sunset 210.

Cheers!!

Ken

4. Nice captures and colouring.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Glad you got out for the lovely photo ops! The first two, especially the second one, look great with a pano crop!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Beautiful shots - I like the 3rd best - it feels cold!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks! First ... it WAS cold out there ... about 27ºF!! Second, that was kind of the feeling I was going for. :) So happy to learn that it came through.

This image is my desktop background right now on my MacBook Pro connected to a 4k monitor. The detail I can see is amazing!! It's blows me away that I can see the individual limbs on many of the trees on the horizon. A lot of the credit goes to the D750's MP count, but this one was taken with a 30+ year old lens (Nikon 80-200 f2.8 push pull), and I'm really quite happy with the IQ!!

Cheers!!

Ken

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  8. Binnur

Binnur

Oct 4, 2017
    Izmir / Turkey
    I love the morning shot. The light is on the mountains is beautiful in the evening shots.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CAJames

CAJames

Sep 6, 2006
    Lompoc, CA
    Great light, great mountain.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Beauties James. Don't get too excited it's supposed to snow on Sunday.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 6" here today, more to come Friday-Sunday, and lows on 1º on Monday/Tuesday. I guess we got complacent. The cold will affect farmers, grape growers and fruit growers a lot.

12. Our son is at WSU ... he's thrilled with the idea of roaming around campus in the cold, ice, and snow ... ;)

Ken

13. escaladieu

escaladieu

Mar 20, 2012
    France

• Like Like x 1