Two days in a row....

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by manzico, May 15, 2007.

1. So I've got a couple of weeks off of school and I actually got to shoot two days in a row. I did some HDR shots/tests on Friday, some of which I've posted. Then I managed to find some time on Sunday to shoot some in my "studio". I ran outside and found some leaves and such sitting on the ground. Here are a few shots with more to follow:

As always, CC are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

way above average. Nicely done. You have a good eye for composition
  3. mdsign

Jun 14, 2006
    Wow love the 2nd one. What is it?

cheers, Mark
  4. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

i really like number 2 .... great job
  5. Thanks for the comments. The first shot is obviously a leaf. The second is some kind of flower from one of the trees/bushes in the neighborhood. They were laying all over the ground. They're dried out and very tough, especially compared to how fragile they look. Here are a few more:

#3: (I call this one "Bad Hair Day")

#5: This one was going to be black and white, to compliment the other leaf shot, but I liked the subtle colors too much to get rid of them

I've still got some more to process. I'll post them as I do 'em.

6. rlhaas

Jan 24, 2007
    Everett, WA
    I am usually partial to B&W photos and was going to vote for #1 as my favorite until I saw #5. I really like how your lighting brings out the subtleness of the colors and the texture of the leaf. The composition is great! All are very good, however.