1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Two days in a row....

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by manzico, May 15, 2007.

1. So I've got a couple of weeks off of school and I actually got to shoot two days in a row. I did some HDR shots/tests on Friday, some of which I've posted. Then I managed to find some time on Sunday to shoot some in my "studio". I ran outside and found some leaves and such sitting on the ground. Here are a few shots with more to follow:

#1:
    original.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2:
    original.jpg

As always, CC are greatly appreciated.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  2. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

way above average. Nicely done. You have a good eye for composition

3. mdsign

mdsign

Jun 14, 2006
    Netherlands
    Wow love the 2nd one. What is it?

cheers, Mark

4. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

i really like number 2 .... great job

5. Thanks for the comments. The first shot is obviously a leaf. The second is some kind of flower from one of the trees/bushes in the neighborhood. They were laying all over the ground. They're dried out and very tough, especially compared to how fragile they look. Here are a few more:

#3: (I call this one "Bad Hair Day")
    original.jpg

#4:
    original.jpg

#5: This one was going to be black and white, to compliment the other leaf shot, but I liked the subtle colors too much to get rid of them
    original.jpg

#6:
    original.jpg

I've still got some more to process. I'll post them as I do 'em.

Dave

6. rlhaas

rlhaas

Jan 24, 2007
    Everett, WA
    I am usually partial to B&W photos and was going to vote for #1 as my favorite until I saw #5. I really like how your lighting brings out the subtleness of the colors and the texture of the leaf. The composition is great! All are very good, however.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.