Two days so far (out of 7) in Rome

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by jczinn, May 8, 2005.

1. I've gotten through editing two days worth of shots. Five more days to go! Here's just a sampling of what I've got so far...eventually I will post the full gallery on my website. I've also got some night photos posted in the Lens Lust forum, if you are interested :D

This batch were all taken with D100, 24-120VR. This was my main "walk around" lens and I'm still quite happy with it for its versatility and range.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Janet ,

Great pics.

I like my 24-120 VR VR VR :)) also.

You have done great work here.

The last image was worth the price of the trip alone. I would be entering that in all contests available :>))

Sure would love to see that in color.

Good work Gal.

Thank you for sharing.

3. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    These are excellent. the photos are compositionally and esthetically pleasing to look at. Not bad for a Bird lady. :lol:
    No really, you have an eye for this Janet. Keep'em comming!

4. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Those are some great pictures, looks like a wonderful trip. I really like the last "zoo" picture.

5. Janet.....you have a wonderful perspective. The BW shots are very nice, but the color in your other captures is just amazing!! :D :D :D :D

6. Janet, these are fantastic. I love them all, but specially number 2.

7. Hi Janet,

Excellent, all around. I have looked at your low-light shots in the lens lust forum and they too are fabulous, at ridiculous shutter speeds. This set really conveys the atmosphere and the colors of the old world. Well done!

8. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    janet, these are great. Just love the dog and cat combo on the last one. lordy, I just noticed, there are two of them. Really great comp.

9. Thanks everyone for your comments! There's lots more where these came from.

Gale, here is a version of that last one in color for you. My thought were that there were just too many clashing colors in this--and the bright red hats, the purple cooler, were distracting. So I tried the B&W and liked it. Its true, though, that the animals stand out better in the color version. What do you think :?:

[​IMG]

10. Those pictures are fabulous!! I sure hope mine turn out that good when I am in Rome in a few weeks.

11. Great pictures. Can't wait to see what the other five days brings.

keep em posted.

Bohdan

12. Hi Janet,

Really great photos here, I especially like #2. It looks like something out of National Geographic.

Waiting for the rest of the trip!
    Bob

13. JAM

JAM

Apr 30, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    I vote vor the B&W version, too. It's just a wonderful image!

14. Janet,

How did you control sky/buildings exposure. Did you do 2 image blending ?

15. Hi Jay, did you have any specific photo in mind? No image blending necessary for these specific shots. For all of these the exposure was fairly even. I did use a polarizer for some (specifically, the Ponte San Angelo one.) I also use Capture's DDE (or whatever they are calling it now). I find that works fantastically to get detail out of the shadow areas without losing your highlights. I also at times use a graduated ND filter, but not for any of these. Finally, sometimes I make a mask for the sky and adjust the sky and foreground accordingly, but none of these particular shots required that.

16. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Janet,these are great

After your previous trip you had to hold the level of excellent photography and you did

Post more of these eye catchers please

Are you an Italian addict by now??