Critique Two Drop Art Sessions

I just love all these water drop photos! My favorite is the very first one -- I like the color and composition, the way that the drops landed..... Also, I like what West did with converting the image to B&W and turning it into a landscape orientation -- does anyone else see a duck sliding down the hill of water in that first one?! :)

Looks good, West!

I'm surprised so many people like the conversion to monochrome. I really like making monochrome drop art photos but my impression has always been that most people prefer color. My guess is that the Facebook group makes their photos 99% of the time in color. It's really easy to make the black-and-white look at the time of capture rather rather than having to convert or desaturate during post-processing. The few that I've seen done that way outlined the formation in dark tones against a bright background but I look forward to outlining them in bright tones against a dark background for a different look.

Thanks, dossy!

The shapes have such distinct outlines. Amazing!
Transparent liquids have the exact same photographic properties as transparent glass. If you light a transparent liquid the same way as lighting transparent glass, those highly defined outlines will be displayed in the photo. In this case, lighting the subject from behind by shining the light source through diffusion material will outline the subject in dark tones.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom