Two flowers from yesterday

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Gilles, Aug 26, 2005.

1. Pictures taken with the 200f4 micro-nikkor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Pretty flowers Gilles. :smile:

3. Nice...really like #2...what is it..?? :confused:

4. Hi Gilles, you are making good use of the 200mm micro.

5. The second picture are phlox, they were not open when i took the picture, this year is a funny year for flower because the season start with a lot of rain and cold temperature and followed buy a few days of very warm temperature and cold again and then a long period of warm temperature without rain. All that give mixed messages to the plants which produce a lot of flowers to fast and make the plant stop to produce. Lately the temperature is more normal with warm days and cold night which give the signal to the plants to produce again.

The 200f4 micro-nikkor is not an easy lens to work with specially when you work between 1:2 to 1:1 the zones of sharp focus are very small and you need quite a stable tripod to work with and block the mirror and use a cable to trip the camera.

6. Nice ones, I like the saturated colours. The phlox is definitely a strange flower, haven't seen one of these before downunder.

Regards,
    Jonathan