Two flowers

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by greyflash, Sep 13, 2017.

1. I just got back from a short noon day walk. I took my D2H and Nikor 17-55mm f2.8 lens because I wanted to see if I could make these two flowers look decent in the bright sunlight. One is a Datura (Night Shade) and the other is a climbing rose. I have a bonus shot as well. Interested in your thoughts.

1. Datura:
    Datura 2.

2. Climbing Rose, I notice that focus is a little soft on this one:
    Climbing rose 2.
    3. As a bonus shot I will share this image of my neighbors house which was just finished a short time ago. They are in the process of landscaping:
    Nelson Home.

Ten bedrooms, 7 baths, home theater, laundry room on each floor, sitting rooms on each floor, huge nursery and play room, dining room, living room, family room, three stories, plus a bonus room on the 4th floor. That is the missus coming out the front door.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  2. Neighbors Castle, you mean!

3. Amen.

4. The castle now appears 3 times, and your captions are off.
    You sure caught the leading edge of the Datura. The rose is very impressionistic.

5. Yes, I was having a little cockpit trouble.

6. I agree with Nick..the rose looks impressionistic. For the first one I would have preferred the focus point to be in the stamen..just where my eye naturally goes. And the house.........wow.....

7. Thanks and you are absolutely right, I missed focus on both of them. That's what happens when you turn 83. :confused:

8. Hey I've been missing focus for years...and I'm 15 years younger than you...

9. :greedy:
    What a kind thought. o_O

10. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    The "Bonus" shot is impressive did it pass zoning laws, lol

• Funny Funny x 1