Two From Hoover Dam

5525457877_00e63b0875_b.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 867549

Thanks Dave. I will try your suggestions. If you want to really appreciate the Dam read "Cadillac Desert", the history of water in the west. You have have great insight in to a very interesting part of our history.

Thanks Dave. I will try your suggestions. If you want to really appreciate the Dam read "Cadillac Desert", the history of water in the west. You have have great insight in to a very interesting part of our history.

Les, back in the early 60's when stationed at Ft. Huachuca I took a course from the Univ of Arizona on the history of the American West. I was amazed then to read that ocean going ships used to sail up the Colorado as far as Yuma. I don't think the river comes within miles of the ocean now. Thanks, I'll look for the book.

The second image is really cool. That must be quite the view in person. The engineering to stick those buildings on the side like that is incredible. Thanks for sharing.

David

The second image is really cool. That must be quite the view in person. The engineering to stick those buildings on the side like that is incredible. Thanks for sharing.

David

Thanks for your comment. When you come from the flat land of New Jersey the geography of the western states is overwhelming.

Nice shots.

I jet skied up to those bouys from the South. It was a fun trip and interesting to see all the tools and equipment left on the sides of the canyon from when they built the damn.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom