Two from this evening

Discussion in 'Birds' started by mike mac, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Well only getting finches these days in my front yard, but I did see a hummingbird near my feeder so hopefully they will start coming soon.
    Here are two finches from this evening shot with the D2X and the 300 f4 with 1.4 tele and SB800 flash. Mounted on a gitzo 1325 tripod and Markins head with sidekick.
    Boy this cameras resolution is fantastic.
    Female house Finch
    original.
    Date/Time 10-Jul-2005 18:57:19
    Make Nikon
    Model NIKON D2X
    Flash Used Yes
    Focal Length 420 mm
    Exposure Time 1/60 sec
    Aperture f/8
    ISO Equivalent 200
    Exposure Bias
    White Balance (10)
    Metering Mode matrix (5)
    JPEG Quality (6)
    Exposure Program aperture priority (3)
    Female Goldfinch
    View attachment 11769
    Date/Time 10-Jul-2005 18:57:07
    Make Nikon
    Model NIKON D2X
    Flash Used Yes
    Focal Length 420 mm
    Exposure Time 1/60 sec
    Aperture f/8
    ISO Equivalent 200
    Exposure Bias
    White Balance (10)
    Metering Mode matrix (5)
    JPEG Quality (6)
    Exposure Program aperture priority (3)

2. I didn't know that you had stepped up to a D2X Mike. Excellent images with wonderful detail.

3. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Wonderful images, Mike! I like that lens/tc combo on my D2H and you sure have made it work with the X. Great shots!

4. boy can you say sharp. are these in HSC ? beautiful shots Mike :) ...........especially considering 1/60th regardless on tripod with wimberly......... I have found I really have to keep my shutter speeds up to be any good. Now you had fill flash, be interesting to try it at 1/250th ;-)

5. Mike.......as always......well done!! :D :D :D :D

6. Beautiful shots, Mike! Thanks for sharing.

7. Gordon I am "testing it out" :D And have the opportunity to get a great deal, so I am giving it a workout, thanks for looking

8. It is an incredible combo and the detail that you can get with the X is awesome.
    Thanks for looking

9. Keith
    Thanks for looking this was shot with the HSC on, one of the features I was very interested in the D2X for. I was shootign stright TTL/FP with these shots it was kinda dark so I need the addtional light

10. Thanks Bryan I appreciate it

11. Thanks for takign the time to look and comment

12. Ibn

Ibn

Jun 28, 2005
    San Jose, CA
    A couple of beautiful images here, Mike.

Just wondering how is the sidekick with the 300mm f/4?

13. It works well i would recommend the kirk replacement collar since the foot is arca and long u have to slide the mount further up to get the proper balance sure it would work better with the 2.8 version but performs well with the f4 version

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Mike,

wonderful as usual.

You don't seem to be having any problems with using the D2X.. Guess you will keep it for sure.

15. Mike these are great. I too am learning this camera as you pointed out on my post. It looks like you have it figured out. I sure hope I will as well some day. It is one giant leap from the D100 which I liked a lot.

16. Thanks for the kind words
    It is a bigger step from the D100 to the D2X than from the D2h but well worth the learning curve seems like this is going to do one hell of a job