Two from this evening

Well only getting finches these days in my front yard, but I did see a hummingbird near my feeder so hopefully they will start coming soon.
Here are two finches from this evening shot with the D2X and the 300 f4 with 1.4 tele and SB800 flash. Mounted on a gitzo 1325 tripod and Markins head with sidekick.
Boy this cameras resolution is fantastic.
Female house Finch
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Date/Time 10-Jul-2005 18:57:19
Make Nikon
Model NIKON D2X
Flash Used Yes
Focal Length 420 mm
Exposure Time 1/60 sec
Aperture f/8
ISO Equivalent 200
Exposure Bias
White Balance (10)
Metering Mode matrix (5)
JPEG Quality (6)
Exposure Program aperture priority (3)
Female Goldfinch
View attachment 11769
Date/Time 10-Jul-2005 18:57:07
Make Nikon
Model NIKON D2X
Flash Used Yes
Focal Length 420 mm
Exposure Time 1/60 sec
Aperture f/8
ISO Equivalent 200
Exposure Bias
White Balance (10)
Metering Mode matrix (5)
JPEG Quality (6)
Exposure Program aperture priority (3)

boy can you say sharp. are these in HSC ? beautiful shots Mike :) ...........especially considering 1/60th regardless on tripod with wimberly......... I have found I really have to keep my shutter speeds up to be any good. Now you had fill flash, be interesting to try it at 1/250th ;-)

greyflash said:
I didn't know that you had stepped up to a D2X Mike. Excellent images with wonderful detail.
Gordon I am "testing it out" :D And have the opportunity to get a great deal, so I am giving it a workout, thanks for looking

drueter said:
Wonderful images, Mike! I like that lens/tc combo on my D2H and you sure have made it work with the X. Great shots!
It is an incredible combo and the detail that you can get with the X is awesome.
Thanks for looking

Keith said:
boy can you say sharp. are these in HSC ? beautiful shots Mike :) ...........especially considering 1/60th regardless on tripod with wimberly......... I have found I really have to keep my shutter speeds up to be any good. Now you had fill flash, be interesting to try it at 1/250th ;-)
Keith
Thanks for looking this was shot with the HSC on, one of the features I was very interested in the D2X for. I was shootign stright TTL/FP with these shots it was kinda dark so I need the addtional light

Ibn said:
A couple of beautiful images here, Mike.

Just wondering how is the sidekick with the 300mm f/4?
It works well i would recommend the kirk replacement collar since the foot is arca and long u have to slide the mount further up to get the proper balance sure it would work better with the 2.8 version but performs well with the f4 version

Mike,

wonderful as usual.

You don't seem to be having any problems with using the D2X.. Guess you will keep it for sure.

Mike these are great. I too am learning this camera as you pointed out on my post. It looks like you have it figured out. I sure hope I will as well some day. It is one giant leap from the D100 which I liked a lot.

james thiel said:
Mike these are great. I too am learning this camera as you pointed out on my post. It looks like you have it figured out. I sure hope I will as well some day. It is one giant leap from the D100 which I liked a lot.
Thanks for the kind words
It is a bigger step from the D100 to the D2X than from the D2h but well worth the learning curve seems like this is going to do one hell of a job

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom