Two from today 3/25/05

Discussion in 'Birds' started by greyflash, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Came upon a flock of Cedar Waxwings and just happened to have my 300mm f2.8 lens attached to my D2H. I was pretty excited as we don't see these often here in the desert.

2. CraigH.

CraigH.

Feb 1, 2005
    Northen NJ
    Very nice Gordon. Like they way they look against the deep blue sky. 8)

3. Oh, man, you're killing me. Here I am pining for my camera and new lens,
    and you're showing off your drop dead pictures :cry:.

Fantastic captures, Gordon.

4. Thanks Craig I appreciate your comments. The sky here in the desert is really that blue.

Uncle Frank I feel your pain. If you lived close I would let you borrow my D100 as it is feeling lonely through disuse. Thanks for your comments. I was able to get up close and fill the frame with these beautiful little birds.

5. Very nice Gordon. It is always tough to get those dark areas around the eye exposed correctly, you seemed to have nailed it. Thanks for sharing

Regards,
    -Vinod

6. Great captures woudl love to see these gguys crusie by my feeders always have liked the way they looked sort of like bandits with there masks on

7. GeeJay

GeeJay

Jan 26, 2005
    Florida
    Gordon,

What wonderful pictures!

Wow, the colors are fantastic too.. (that's the kind of blue sky I'd like to learn how to get)

Do those blue skies only come in St. George? I don't see them like that here in Florida :lol:

Great job and I always enjoy your posts and your pictures!

Gaye

8. WOW Gordon!! Way to go!! Excellent shots. :) :) :) :)

9. Deep blue skys are a phenomenon of places with low humidity and that pretty much says the west here in the USA. Desert areas are especially good for clear skies and lots of stars at night. Sorry about that. :(

10. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Fantastic shots Gordon. I didn't know that you were a birdie shooter. 8)

More competition....sigh. :lol:

Frank

11. I do shoot birds occasionally but as a regular staple I prefer people. Thanks for your comments Frank.