Two from today ...

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by W.Ray, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Perchance to Dream
    [​IMG]

Car wash
    [​IMG]

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Perchance to Dream - very apropos title Ray! I worried that light fixture is gonna bonk him as soon as he dozes off!

Car Wash oozes southern California!

3. Exactly. He's already dozed off and when I saw the dangling light fixture ... well ... hopefully a funny shot in the making.

4. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Or a headache! :biggrin:

5. #1 is pretty intense for me............ quality photograph.......... real quality.

#2............ just makes me SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous....... it's rained almost non stop in the UK for the last four weeks! :eek::eek::eek:

Missed looking at your work my friend........... had serious PC virus problems!

Hopefully will be around a little more now!

Take care.

G

6. The first one is very well done.

7. Graeme, good to see you back. Thanks for looking. Yeah, I've reading about the flooding on the BBC news site. :eek:But, be careful what you wish for as we've only had 1 1/2" of rain in six months! Fortunately the town I live has its own wells and isn't dependent on Colorado River water for survival.

Yes, the second one is a bust but I'm practicing shooting from the hip and am definitely missing more than I'm getting good shots.

8. I really like the second one - I like the placing of the shot on the diagonal, and the fact that the two guys are pretty much silhouettes - it's eloquent in that they're possibly the sorts of people you wouldn't notice as such, they're "just" the guys who valet the cars.

9. Thanks John. My problem with the second one is all the trash in the background. Next time I want to go back with some slower film and blur the background.

10. ....uh i think all the trash in the background is what makes this a complete photograph. really like the tonals plus the DOF.

11. I think I'm with you on that Rodney - it looks like a straightforward documentary shot because of the sharp background &c, and yet it isn't because of the tilt and the way Ray's rendered the two guys. I think that tension would vanish with a "portrait" style blurred background.