Two From Venice, FL

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
A couple I got while visiting a friend in Venice, FL in March.

C&C Welcome. I forgot to put the check mark symbol on the thread.

Might have posted this one before, but just in case I didn't:

i-sQh4KK4-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

i-DvRqcWG-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:

McQ

Real Name
Glenn
C&C Welcome. I forgot to put that symbol on the thread and can't add it now.

I also realize that I posted it under "other" animals. Sorry! It was originally set to have two alligator photos in it too, and I lost track and posted it without them.

Last edited by a moderator:
My only suggestion would be on the second one, I'm not a fan of the crop (if you did one). I would personally like to see more of the bottom of the bird instead of it being cut off like it is. Other than that though, both images are great. The first one is my favorite, for the subject matter alone. I've never watched a bird fish before and had no idea that they spear the fish using their beak!

McQ

Real Name
Glenn
My only suggestion would be on the second one, I'm not a fan of the crop (if you did one). I would personally like to see more of the bottom of the bird instead of it being cut off like it is. Other than that though, both images are great. The first one is my favorite, for the subject matter alone. I've never watched a bird fish before and had no idea that they spear the fish using their beak!

Thanks, Ann! That second pic is cropped just a teensy bit. There's not really any significant crop to it. I was extremely close to the bird at the time. I agree that a wider shot would be more palatable.

As for the first bird, I was amazed at being in the right place at the right time for that. He just looked down, bent toward the water, and...BAM! speared that fish! I have a sequence of about 70 photos of him spearing it, working it off of the bill, turning it around in his mouth and swallowing it.

Very lucky to be right there!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom