Two HDR

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Starting to feel my way into this for me rather unknown territory:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

:biggrin:Rob, after reading some of your previous comments, I thought we'd not see you venture into this realm.:biggrin:

Nice job with these two. [I'd have elevated the shadows of the first one just a tad more, but that's just me.:smile:] At first, I thought the light was a bit odd in the second one, but then I looked at the EXIF and see that it was taken at 8 PM.

Does not look HDR at all but nice shots.. If people dont like HDR then dont look, its pretty easy actually, lol.. Ive worked on HDR before I try not to overdo them but as asked what process did you use and bracket settings. Hope you dont mind heres and HDR I have done

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
The HDR was done quite simple:
In the raw converter I used the tool merge to HDR. First picture 2 shots, second one 3 shots. In both cases one stop apart from each other. After that some 'sliding the sliders', used active layers for curves and contrast till I thought it looked good. That's all.

Rob, after reading some of your previous comments, I thought we'd not see you venture into this realm.
Correct Bob. But you know there is some dark corner in this Cafe called Collective Shoot:biggrin::biggrin:. This weeks them was 'manual' and so I got a bunch of rather bad pictures to try this out.

Keith, your example is not what I think is a bad HDR. On the contrary, it's very functional here and gives a very nice result. What Bob mentioned about my comments on HDR is correct, but I comment on 'overdone' HDR made just for the effect. I don't like all those strange effects, halo's etc etc. I even dare to say it's the same with Topaz or any other plug-in: if it's used at extreme settings I usually don't like it. But I'll be the first one to confirm that I'm old fashioned and that everyone has a right to his own opinion.

Top Bottom