1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Two hummers duel for position

Discussion in 'Birds' started by flyfisher8, Aug 6, 2009.

1. This morning, in poor light, ISO1600, caught these two hummers in aerial combat for a sip of nectar.

613147554_iu5Kq-XL.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Very nice capture.

3. kc4coj

kc4coj

Jan 31, 2008
    N. Ga USA
    Yes, I agree, very nice capture. Hummingbird photography is not easy, at least it is not for me. I'm working on it.

4. Two hummers duel and 2 new shots

Thanks Steve for your comments. I find it a big challenge because I don't have big numbers of visitors to the feeder, nor the brilliant colored members. I really envy those with their remarkable strobe set ups and admire their production so my challenge is to get some decent shots with what I have. Here are a couple more taken Sunday afternoon.

615887546_KoDiP-XL.jpg

615891250_nYL2Q-XL.jpg

5. shtarka1

shtarka1

Feb 1, 2008
    Boston
    So Nice!!

6. Wow, very well done. Love to get more action in my locale too but you've got it there!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.