Two Images - Same Flower R1C1

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by JohnD3, Oct 3, 2008.

1. I hope the forum doesn’t get board with this type of image but again I feel its worthy enough to share. The b/w image has just been de-saturated with a slight tint added. The original colour version has just been slight re-sized in order to take out to mush un-wanted background/ Processed using NX2, once again using the R1C1 set up on a D3, plus 10/f2.8 macro.

John

2909570805_1c4706bf7c_b.png

[​IMG]

2. photofox

photofox

Jun 8, 2008
    Over here
    Nice shot, like the composition. Seems a little hot on the left side. What were the flashes set at?

3. Thanks for the comment, both were set at 1/64 power

4. Thanks for letting us view the flower. If I may - what's the camera settings? Some of my shots - ttl and arranging the flashes (learning this stuff) till I get what I want. Most pics are hand held with two dogs tugging at the leash.

Mike

5. Hi Mike

This shot was taken with my D3 and a 105mm f2.8 macro lens on a tripod

I used the R1C1 flash set up with two small Nikon flash guns attached to the lens and fired them at 1/64 power, camera was set to aperture at f18 using matrix metering. ISO was 200 and the flash units were both triggered via a SU800 in rear curtain mode.

Hope this helps

John