1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Two Images - Same Flower R1C1

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by JohnD3, Oct 3, 2008.

1. I hope the forum doesn’t get board with this type of image but again I feel its worthy enough to share. The b/w image has just been de-saturated with a slight tint added. The original colour version has just been slight re-sized in order to take out to mush un-wanted background/ Processed using NX2, once again using the R1C1 set up on a D3, plus 10/f2.8 macro.

John

2909570805_1c4706bf7c_b.

2910415616_827b941754_b.

2. photofox

photofox

Jun 8, 2008
    Over here
    Nice shot, like the composition. Seems a little hot on the left side. What were the flashes set at?

3. Thanks for the comment, both were set at 1/64 power

4. Thanks for letting us view the flower. If I may - what's the camera settings? Some of my shots - ttl and arranging the flashes (learning this stuff) till I get what I want. Most pics are hand held with two dogs tugging at the leash.

Mike

5. Hi Mike

This shot was taken with my D3 and a 105mm f2.8 macro lens on a tripod

I used the R1C1 flash set up with two small Nikon flash guns attached to the lens and fired them at 1/64 power, camera was set to aperture at f18 using matrix metering. ISO was 200 and the flash units were both triggered via a SU800 in rear curtain mode.

Hope this helps

John

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.