Two interpretations

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Two different interpretations of the same scene, made in the same second:

#1:
1213654537_6fY5F-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2:
1213656922_3r3XY-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Rob,

:smile: I prefer the first version. I feel as thought it pulls me in quicker and holds my attention longer. With the second, I feel as though the left bank of the water competes with the scene on the right side - and is therefore confusing because my brain isn't sure just what I'm supposed to be looking at. With the first, my attention is immediately grabbed by the sudden angle change with the water and the superbly crisp reflection of the tree. :smile:

Rob, in my humble opinion the first one is a more powerful image and for my taste I would crop a little bit more from the left side of the frame to make the viewer concentrate more attention on the reflection, the center of interest.
The second image would require different shooting conditions and a different shooting angle to make it more interesting along with a different visual design, beginning with the cropping of the sky from the scenery. The large expansion of bright water in the background is not helping either and it is too reflective. An S curve as part of the running water would have been ideal.

William Rodriguez
Miami, Florida.

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
William, thanks for the comments. I mostly agreed with your point. Tnhe only thing I never saw was 'that large expansion of bright water in the background is not helping either and it is too reflective', but now you mentioned it, I agree ..
The S-curve is a bit difficult to realize now...

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Rob,

I also prefer #1 - But I suggest trying this: crop more off the bottom (to a little below the reflected tree top) and also crop out the left bank. Then decide about the top..... Maybe you don't even need the tree on the right bank! Certainly that would focus on the reflection - which seems to be what got your attention.... It may not work, but should be worth a try.

Rob Zijlstra

A Koffie Drinker
Karen,

Thanks for commenting! If and when I have time (not very soon:frown::frown:) I'll try this out. But this is already a crop on the D700 and if I crop even more, I think I'll meet the borders of IQ.

Very nice. I'm torn on a favorite. I guess shot #2 but they're both interesting and enjoyable to view.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom