Two Looks

Discussion in 'People' started by Davo, May 18, 2007.

1. HHARRIS

HHARRIS

May 1, 2007
    So Cal
    Sorry but I have to ask..... Whats with the line?
    I like the pics. The noise ads to them alot IMO.

HHARRIS
    :)

2. Davo

Davo

May 3, 2005
    Las Vegas
    the line is from the scan...i think. its through the entire set...and i couldn't be bothered to retouch the entire roll. could also be chemistry that didn't completely come off. the lab left the negs a bit dirty, and costco apparently didn't bother to wipe them off before scanning (this city is such a hassle...my favorite pro lab closed, so i was reduced to driving all over and have issues too).

thanks :) glad you like 'em. the noise tri-x makes is my favorite of all time.

3. HHARRIS

HHARRIS

May 1, 2007
    So Cal
    I think the lines are kinda cool! Makes the photos look vintage like. I have photos that my parents took in the late 60s that look like that. All scratched and bent up. Run with it....

HHARRIS
    :)

4. tomj

tomj

Feb 5, 2006
    Oklahoma
    I won't go into my likes and dislikes about each of the images you posted but I can tell you that I am really drawn to the third shot. I love it!!

The second shot is really growing on me as well.

Thanks for sharing these.

Regards,

5. Davo

Davo

May 3, 2005
    Las Vegas
    yeah...they're growing on me a bit. speaking of bent up...i managed to do that to these...i left them on my computer chair at night, and then sat on them in the morning. D'OH!! they're fine though...mostly :p i'd be tempted to add a few more scratches...but then i feel like it would get too obvious and look like that cliche fake scratch aesthetic.

thanks for commenting :) its amazing the difference between the film and digital shots of these...i have a few similar ones, and the film versions take the cake a good deal of the time (well...for feel and tonality at least, sheer clinical image quality goes to digital in spades on both sets). i waited a few days to post these, so i didn't have to post all billion of them as images, i just picked the ones i was personally drawn to...glad to see you're drawn to 3 and 2 is growing on you :D

cheers.