Two macro shots from this evening.

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by VPT, Nov 19, 2005.

1. I took these pics in my yard this evening.

Using D100 with 55mm F/2.8 micro AI-s and PK-13 extension tube, I have to focus and meter manually since D100 can't meter with MF lenses.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. i would say you nailed it!

3. also would add that finding photos where you are is a mark of a craftsman.
    Dave

4. These are awesome Vinh! Very impressive.

Regards,
    Jonathan

5. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Super, Just super detail Vinh,

Nice work and a great capture.

Wade

6. I love the contrasts and saturation of the ant shot.

The creature in the upper shot is amazing. Were I a hungry bird I think I'd move on to something else. I suspect that is the point.:biggrin:

7. That critter in #1 is really cool looking! Your shots are always amazing, Vinh! Hope you keep posting!!

8. Very nice caterpillar shot. Maybe you could use it to clean the sensor:biggrin:

Cheers

9. That ant is AWESOME !!

10. Thanks all of you for your nice comments.
    Harry, next time I will use it to clean the sensor :biggrin:

11. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Vinh, Your work with the 55/2.8 is marvellous, I wish I could do as well, but I am still practising without such consistent success. I would also recommend from a similar vintage the 200/4 micro. I find that the results from my AI version are very comparable to the best I get from the 55. If you can find a good used one, I recommend trying it out, especially for the extra room.

12. Good job. AF is not needed for macro anyway. It's not the equipment but how you use it.